phrog12

Difference between IAF and AFF training

I have just about completed my ASP training at Skydive,AZ. I have progressed on to the solo jumps. I will not have time to complete them before I have to move to Fla. There I will be jumping at either Emerald Coast or Crestview DZs. They use IAF not ASP or AFF method to teach there students. My question is when I move will this effect my jumping? Will I have to repeat any jumps, or will I continue from were I am now? And what is the difference between IAF and AFF?

IAF is what people do after they have completed a tandem progression. AFF is what people do who don't do the tandem progression. At least at my DZ there are 4 IAF levels (IAF5-IAF8) that follow four tandem levels (T1-T4). For the most part IAF5 is the same as AFF4, etc. They may mix some of the target learning objectives up at the later levels.
I wouldn't worry too much about switching from one to the other. If you are doing ASP shouldn't be too different.

Hi Phrog,
If you don't have your "A" License, then take along your logbook & any video you have.
"Expect" to do a L7 dive (the half series qualifying dive) with a Left 360, Right 360, backloop, track & track turn. Also possibly a "clear & pull". these should be sufficient to prove to the S&TA that you do have the basic survival skills to work towards your "A".
Mike D10270.