1 1
philh

Are Ifly encouraging bad body position?

On 2/7/2019 at 1:43 AM, Paul Towmy said:

It's not possible to fly the box position as a beginner, as far as I can tell, because they insist on a set speed which is too low to support it. I managed to figure that out after my first flight.

Having previously done 300+ real skydives, I was able to figure that out. After 10+ years out of the sport, I had hoped it might be a sensible route back for me.

I asked them to increase the speed, but they were adamant on their ways. The body position they insist on is too unstable & rigid, especially on a speed that only just supports it. 

How can I work with the air speed when it's 30% lower than it should be unless "I" fly - stiff as a board. 

It's really hard to judge the situation without video...

As WT Instructor I can say that the "I am a skydiver!" category of WT firsttimers is often the most difficult to deal with))

It's quite often when they start demand to increase the speed while trying to push the air and lift up at the same time which makes them very unstable so:
  - you can't give them more speed coz
 - they can fly normal at setted speed and it's make them even more stiff and unstable

IMHO if there is enough time (more than just 1-2 minutes as firstimer) instructor should be able to deal with it ether slowing down\lay student on the net\relax them or get out and talk etc...
But again people are different so as the situation so without video it's really hard to make a conclusion))

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 11:54 AM, NWPoul said:

It's really hard to judge the situation without video...

As WT Instructor I can say that the "I am a skydiver!" category of WT firsttimers is often the most difficult to deal with))

It's quite often when they start demand to increase the speed while trying to push the air and lift up at the same time which makes them very unstable so:
  - you can't give them more speed coz
 - they can fly normal at setted speed and it's make them even more stiff and unstable

IMHO if there is enough time (more than just 1-2 minutes as firstimer) instructor should be able to deal with it ether slowing down\lay student on the net\relax them or get out and talk etc...
But again people are different so as the situation so without video it's really hard to make a conclusion))

Yes, "without video" a real problem. Sometimes you don't get what you pay for!?!?

Thanks for helpful your comment.