omrig102

wind tunnel

Hi everyone,
so i had a few minutes in a wind tunnel and it was really fun :)but i found it really hard to stay stable and always turned to the left.I'm planning to go there again and try to fix it.Any tips on the best way for a beginner to stay stable?(position of the arms and legs,stuff like that).I know it's hard to give tips without reference ,but general tips or ways will be really helpful

The most important tip I've had, for every flying position, is relax. If you are too stiff things won't work.

I know it is easier said than done, and sometimes the difference between relaxing and letting your limbs flop in the air is subtle, but you'll see what I mean once you relax and things start flowing.

Fly more in the wind tunnel. Most people I take can get around reasonably well without much assistance from the coach after about half an hour in there. The coaches tend to push you down the freefly road and try to get you on your back right about that point. I'd suggest resisting the temptation to go down that road until you can get into the tunnel and feel your whole body relax when it hits the wind -- maybe once you actually feel comfortable on your belly, do 10 minutes with no objective other than have fun. It was at the tunnel that I first actually relaxed in the air, and then I was all like "Oh! So THAT's what my instructors were talking about!" Once you can relax on your belly, THEN go into freefly. When you can relax on your back the same way, you'll be ready for the next step.

Get the video too -- if you work through a coach to book coached minutes, they'll usually include the video in the price, if you bring a thumbdrive along. You'll be able to see what you're doing with your body position much better after the fact, and form a plan to correct it the next time you go in.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?