danwayland

Video of Head Up Daffy at Bellyable Speeds

Anybody have any tunnel video of somebody flying head up daffy at speeds where they can also belly fly OK?

I've seen head up flying done at belly speeds via knee flying, so I know that's doable.

But I also feel like I've seen somebody in person who was in there switching between their belly and a kind of "crazy legs" head up daffy at the same tunnel speed.

Is a "bellyable-wind-speed-head-up-daffy" kind of thing achievable by most freeflyers with enough practice, or is that venturing out into genetic freaks of nature only territory?

Regardless of the answer - anybody got any video of something like that?

thanks!

Dan
--
Dan Wayland
http://www.danwayland.com

danwayland

Anybody have any tunnel video of somebody flying head up daffy at speeds where they can also belly fly OK?

But I also feel like I've seen somebody in person who was in there switching between their belly and a kind of "crazy legs" head up daffy at the same tunnel speed.

One can fly HU daffy and belly at the same speed, but it more
Belly flying on a HU speed that HU flying at belly speed :)

Even if skinny person can fly a very spreaded HU daffy (with a lot leaning for back lift and arm loaded) at a very low speed - that person still can fly belly on a much lower airspeed)

Kind of kneeflying (we cal it kryakozyabra or on english manner - abra-cadabra position)) yes - one can fly it at his lowest belly airspeed
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

Nice video. Thank you.

I think the knee flying in the beginning of that video is clearly a bellyable speed for her - though it may feel a bit high speed to her when she's on her belly.
Just looking at her trying to move downwards during that same bit on her belly. Looks like an exaggerated belly downwards movement for her to my eyes. But she's able to do it.

I think the section where she's head up daffy split is venturing into "beyond the flexibility I could achieve in the near term" territory, and I suspect the wind speed for her when she is doing that is higher than she could easily belly fly.

Thanks! Great response.
--
Dan Wayland

Thanks for this. I think you're right.

I think I may be happiest working on my kneeflying as a way to add some head up capabilities to my bag of dynamic level 3 belly speed tricks.

Too bad cause I think crazy legs sit daffies look a little cooler, and really I just want to look cool :)
--
Dan Wayland