MerlinS

Wind tunnel while pregnant

as a instructor I strongly advice against it.
especially - working in the tunnel while pregnant.

Sport flyers got hit. Instructors got hit. I saw injures and got some. Everything could happen.

Tunnel will be there for you later, why take risks? Your body acts differently, your bones loses calcium, you are less focused. All this could add up in some nasty situation, and possible outcome just isn't worth it.

Personal opinion: anything where you have to sign a waiver probably isn't good to do while pregnant. Serious injuries can happen and have happened in the tunnel... plus I don't like to fly at all when I'm fatigued (sky or tunnel, it's just too expensive if I can't give 100%), and pregnant = fatigue for the next 4 years ;)

Congrats on your pregnancy MerlinS!! I don't reply to a lot here but I'm gonna chime in as a skydiver/tunnel flier and most importantly a 25yr Trauma Nurse and father of 3 little tunnel rats. The choice is yours but IMHO 1st trimester ok if you are not puking.. 2nd and 3rd when your balance and equilibrium is not at it's best, maybe take a break. Everything could go just fine but if it doesn't it's something you will live with forever. Take a little break and enjoy your little peanut. There is nothing better than kids!! Not even skydiving or sex :)
Whale oil beef hooked

I think it depends a lot on what you'll be doing. Are you going there to chill on your belly or to learn back layouts on high speed ;). Our tunnel is rated from 3 to 103 years old people, you're probably in better health than many people in this range. If you have enough mental discipline to go there and just chill and have some mellow flying action it should be fine on the first months.

Would you take part in a contact sport where you have a good chance of being kicked in the belly, while pregnant?
I'd treat the wind tunnel in the same way, and whether your answer is yes or no, that's a deeply personal decision.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Di0

whether your answer is yes or no, that's a deeply personal decision.

Indeed. How pregnant? What kind of tunnel flying? What do you feel about acceptable situations? How good a flyer are you, and what kind of shape are you in? Are you alone or in a group? If the latter, how well do you know them and their flying?

The line will be different for everybody, and for some, the line is "outside the tunnel entirely".

I know plenty of kids who had (sometimes many) pre-natal skydives and tunnel camps. It's not automatically a terrible idea according to a random sampling of nearby doctors... but be sensible.
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?