BigBUG

Dynamic or Static? What is tunnel flying for you?

Hi everyone,

I decided to create this little poll, trying to figure out what suits today's students best and what is their goals when they are looking for a tunnel coach and tunnel time.

I have to say that I try to incorporate everything in a coaching. I do believe that you should start moving around as soon as you have some basic knowledge in this particular position - your skills will become better way faster. On the other hand, if you are skydiver and know perfectly well what you want from the tunnel (like, I want to work on my HU docks or my HD transitions) I probably shouldn't be concentrated on completely different stuff like carving?

So I decided to ask tunnel flyers here - do you have a specific plan when you are looking for a tunnel and a coach?

Please share your opinions. It will help us to be better coaches and in the end helps you to be better flyers. Thanks.

My issue is I would love to learn Dynamic but with the nearest tunnel at nearly 400 miles its just not feasible due to the need for currency and sheer amounts of time needed to fly anything other than static. Since I only get to do 2-3 hours a year in 4-5 trips its really hard to learn too much. I just hope a tunnel eventually goes in closer to me :D

Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

... I just hope a tunnel eventually goes in closer to me :D

Unfortunately you have IFLy and weird patent barriers for rising of amounts of good tunnels and reducing prices...
Sad but true so please wait for a few years and may be we'll come;)
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?