Scarebus380

10hrs tunnel time

I'm new to forum and to skydiving.
Not sure if I'm posting in the right place?
I have just completed my A licence but due to DZ clousure I'm going to do tunnel time.
My question is, I'm not a natural skydiver, I want to do 10hrs tunnel time in the next 8 weeks, as a very novice skydiver, to what skill level does anyone think I can achieve with 10hrs and would they recommend it, or can bad habits be picked up in tunnel flying?
Thanks for advice, and also to say skydiving is ADDICTIVE!!!😃

This is so individual. 10 hours is a decent chunk of time.

What you can learn depends on you and your coach. I would try hard to have one coach for most of the time, though mixing it up a bit could be useful as well, especially if you find yourself stuck with the feedback one coach is giving you. It's a very personal thing.

Try to decide going into it where you want to be at the end, and discuss this with your coach so they can plan a good progression for you. I don't think it is unreasonable to aim for solid sit skills in ten hours. It's also probably doable to get to basic head down. You need to decide what you want, and put your time into that. Everybody learns different things at different paces, and there is definitely no set schedule like "sit flying takes two hours", "head down takes five".

Also, and very non trivial, doing ten hours in eight weeks is a lot (especially for someone not used to tunnel flying). Don't underestimate how sore and fatigued the tunnel can make you. You'll certainly see diminishing returns once your muscles stop cooperating with you... It is a lot more physical then you might expect, especially learning new orientations like back or sit flying where you are using muscles that don't tend to get used that way in normal life (or most other physical activities).

But I'll say it again. More than anything, get a good coach and talk through what you want to do. Have fun!

...in the US. Elsewhere with less of a monopolistic market, it's half to 2/3rds of a deposit :) And that's for centrally situated European countries; if you're in Russia, you get really good tunnel for like 30% of the US price.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

My personal experience of 5 tunnel hours... I can manage sit-fly basics and do basic back carving (and little bit of belly carving) while my friend with same amount of hours is starting to work his head-down on the net (he's a PT and much more athletic than me)...

So, 10 hours with a good coach will probaply mean a solid sit fly and some head down too with a dash of dynamics, however it depends a lot on your own ability...

10 hrs - is a good pack of time (hope you get some bulk discount (similar to that wich we offer - buying 10 hr you get 1 hr as a bonus);)

Yes, it's very vary from student to student but in general - it's enough to start and learn some HD skills

And IMO you don't need to spread this 10 hr for 8 week's
If you are ready to pay for it at once - why then slowing down your progression?
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

If you can afford the time off work go on holiday to Russia, Slovakia or Poland. You can do 10 hours, have a nice holiday, get some airline tickets, nice meals, beers, pay for coaching and it'll probably work out cheaper than the 10 hours at iFly without coaching. I got an offer last year at Hurricane Factory in Slovakia for $450/hr inclusive of all taxes and one of the Hurricane Factory D4W teams flew with me just for fun. :P

Adam.

adamUK

If you can afford the time off work go on holiday to Russia, Slovakia or Poland. You can do 10 hours, have a nice holiday, get some airline tickets, nice meals, beers, pay for coaching and it'll probably work out cheaper than the 10 hours at iFly without coaching

In Russia it will be 11hr B|
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

Russia is really awesome place to fly! I bought 10 hours, fly 11 hours, 1 hour is a bonus. Transfer from the airport etc. - they did all needed for sportsmen. I like Moscow because it has 2 cool tunnels in one place (Freezone windtunnel) and 2 big dropezones (Kolomna, Skycenter). If you're going to come in summer, it is the best place I 'be ever been to for skydiving and windtunnel.

Hey, better pay for 10 hours, fly 11 hours in the biggest windtunnel Freezone, Moscow. Prices are pretty awesome:)

16ft tunnel is about 367 euro per 1 hour at the day time and 325 euro at night, 12ft tunnel is 282 euro (day), 240 euro (night).

10 hours package in Freezone gives you some bonus for free, so you don't need to worry about anything: visa, living, transfer from the airport etc.

P.S.Moscow is awesome place for Indoor&outdoor skydiving both! There are 3 dropezones in Moscow area, 2 of them are USPA members, 1 is just 30 min driving from the tunnel

If you're interested contact us on our Facebook page Freezone WindTunnel or [email protected]

Update! Have a new training camp in Moscow, finished a few days ago in Freezone. Organized it with my friends, total 25 hours and it was si much fun ! My progress really grows :) I hope i will come more with a bigger camp , you can join if you want in winter. This time we lived in a hotel not far from the tunnel and free transfer hotel-tunnel-hotel. But Freezone administration said a new hotel will start right near the tunnel in a few months period. So definitely my next training will be with my cool Freezone coach Sergy Chereknoff and Vladimir Polyakov:)