vincearnone

iFLY Orlando to Close, New Dual Flight Chamber Location to Open

Thought this would be worth the share as it seems there are some Orlando regulars around here.

The short: iFLY Orlando will close when a new 2 flight chamber facility 3 miles south on I-Drive opens. Current scheduled opening is January 2017. Full article:

http://www.indoorskydivingsource.com/news/ifly-orlando-to-close-new-facility-to-open-in-2017/
Indoor Skydiving Source - The Leading Indoor Skydiving Resource

I don't understand how the market can support essentially 3 tunnels (the two new iFly tubes and this Extreme Flight competitor single tube). I'm all for it as it will hopefully help to keep prices down via competition, but I'm super skeptical of the Extreme Flight tunnel actually coming to fruition.

On a positive note, YAY FOR AIR CONDITIONING! Flying in the Orlando tunnel on a very hot and muggy day is like flying in soup, and it gets damn cold some nights in the winter (which I actually love). Either way, I need to get lots of flying done in the old tunnel before the prices inevitably go up. :/

wan2doit

They maintain that their design does not infringe on iFly's patent at all.... we shall see.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com