cpoxon

Inflight Dubai in Orlando?

What's the deal with this? With iFly suing other manufacturers of tunnels in the US for patent infringments, but Inflight tunnel is an iFly design, yes? Still, seems odd to use Dubai brand in Orlando?

http://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2016/04/skydiving-attraction-files-plans-for-i-drive-360.html

A Dubai-based indoor skydiving attraction, Inflight Dubai, has shared more details on its plans for an attraction slated for I-Drive 360.
Dubbed Extreme Flight-Orlando, a 51,199-square-foot building is being proposed for the lot of I-Drive 360 land on the corner of Mercado Road and International Drive, according to permit documents filed with the South Florida Water Management District. The documents show the attraction will "operate a wind tunnel for sport, training and entertainment activities with ancillary uses such as a snack bar, party room, etc."

Having a skydiving attraction at I-Drive 360 has been in play since 2014, as I-Drive 360 executives expected to draw more well-known attraction brands to the entertainment/dining destination.

New attractions on International Drive will help draw more visitors to the booming corridor that already welcomes more than 5 million tourists each year. Attractions such as the Orlando Eye, Madame Tussauds, Sea Life Aquarium, Mango's Tropical Cafe Orlando and others, as well as the future Skyplex and a Starflyer attraction, will all breathe new life into the area.

The name on the plan says "Extreme Flight Holdings ltd". Carlos Euribe (CEO of Inflight Dubai) is listed as an officer.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

This is not a SkyVenture tunnel.

The tunnel is being constructed by a new company out of Dubai called Extreme Flight. I've been working with them to get information on their projects updated on ISS. This is what I have so far, more to come:
http://www.indoorskydivingsource.com/tunnels/manufacturers/extreme-flight/

The tunnel is a single loop recirculating 14 foot model:
http://www.indoorskydivingsource.com/tunnels/extreme-flight-orlando/

All this on top of the announcement today to do with iFLY Orlando being replaced. Interesting developments in Florida...
Indoor Skydiving Source - The Leading Indoor Skydiving Resource

Wow. That's a ballsy move then? With the litigation that is going on with the other tunnel(s), opening one "right near" the original iFly is very in their face.
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

The only additional bit of information I have to share is that the tunnel is 'private'. You can't really tell by looking at ISS though.

The site has a private/closed section where tunnels that aren't open to the public end up.

The way the site works, all coming soon tunnels are lumped with the publicly available tunnels. That means if it is private, it won't live in the private/closed section until after it opens.

I never speculate when it comes to openings, but placing a private tunnel in the middle of a tourist area so close to the action as you say - its interesting to say the least.

Ill be updating ISS as I know more, and Ill post here.
Indoor Skydiving Source - The Leading Indoor Skydiving Resource

cpoxon

Wow. That's a ballsy move then? With the litigation that is going on with the other tunnel(s), opening one "right near" the original iFly is very in their face.

The rumor in FL is that they've been waiting for the patent to expire and then they will break ground. IIRC they've had the land for a while and some tooling on the site.

Of course that's just a bunch of folks bullshitting around a bar...

If only the rumor of a 20+ foot tunnel in Orlando was true. lol. I"m just happy Tampa is getting a tunnel.

Patent will not expire until 2024 for this patent: http://www.google.com/patents/US7156744. Filing date was 2004 for this and US patents are good for 20 years after the filing date.

Looking at case notes it looks like Indoor Skydive Germany and iFly have agreed to reach a settlement after the first hearing in front of a judge instead of taking their case to a jury. We will see if ISG tunnels start breaking ground here soon since it sounds like there were multiple parties interested in building them from looking at the few items that could be read on the patent lawsuit.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com