Douggarr

iFly Westchester

Finally, a wind tunnel only 30 minutes from Manhattan. I've been in only 4 other tunnels (Vegas, Perris, Raeford, and Nashua, NH), and I finally got to fly last week in Yonkers, N.Y. It's a nice tube, 14-feet wide. They coudln't go to 16 feet because of issues with how deep the foundation could be dug. What I liked a lot about this facility was everything was on one level (unlike Perris which is a hike upstairs). No need to go up or down a flight to a team room or the bathroom. Very well run. Waiver on line. Quick, easy check in. Attentive staff. My only issue was that getting reservations for an early evening hour was a hassle. They seem to block off 4-8 p.m. and weekends for the lucrative party trade. I get it, though. This is a big investment and they have to book a lot of revenue. I have a flexible schedule and if I can find enough flyers to share block time with at off-peak hours I'll be back fairly regularly.
SCR-442, SCS-202, CCR-870, SOS-1353