azeitona

What's the maximum hours you can fly in one week?

Depends how tunnel fit you are and what you're doing. Static head down is a killer. Dynamic flying not so much. I'd do no more than 1 hour a day split into 3 sessions. One in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening. So 20 mins in each session of 2x10 minutes and leave at least an hour between. For each 10 mins do no more than 2 minute rotations. Ideally 1min 40s.

For static flying we do 1min rotations. For dynamic flying we do 2 mins max

If you try flying when you're tired you don't get as much out of it and you end up flying just for the sake of it and not getting the best value for money out of it

Hth

Adam

It is difficult to give you an X amount of hours answer:

Physically the type of flying matters greatly.

A slow speed, movement focused approach is much easier on the body. Longer rotations (3-5 minutes and beyond) are realistic and thus you can fly more time.

A high speed static approach comes with more physical exertion and normally shorter rotations.

On top of that, mentally we all have limits. You tire mentally and physically at different rates. Lack of rest during a week of solid camp can have you hit a mental wall and the value of your time can drop significantly.

My suggestion is to decide on a coach based on your preference for flying style. After you find a coach, go into all the details of your physical and mental state/limits as best you can. Trust their progression (you chose them) and discuss a realistic amount of time to book based on their recommendation.
Indoor Skydiving Source - The Leading Indoor Skydiving Resource

Thank you Adam. I'll have your recommendations in mind. I'll basically do back fly (I only have one hour of back fly) and from there lets see how I progress. I'll probably go for one hour day, splitted in three sessions. Thanks for the tips.

Hi Vince. Good input. I´ll talk with the chief instructor of the Tunnel and ask him the best approach. I didn't want to ask before have some information first.
I'll do mostly freefly. Well, I want to do FF. Lets see how I progress. I have 9 hours flat flying (4way RW) and 1 hour backfly. But now I want to focus on ff. There's no point on doing many hours in a row if I cannot take advantage of it.
Thanks

Wow. That's really good you're backflying as there's 2 things you can try that are low speed moves and will really help your dynamic flying later on :)
There's back carving in which the instructor holds your head and leading arm. You will then learn to carve around the tunnel with your head being the stationary point . This doesn't require much effort but as it's low speed you really have to learn to feel the air and fly your body. At higher speeds you'll increase your body angle then boom! You're head down inface carving ..

The second one is where you transition back to belly over your head which becomes the back layout . Again it's great fun. You can try the other way too (belly to back over your head). Break the higher speed sit drills with these to mix it up a bit, give your muscles a rest and learn some new skills . It's exciting stuff :P:D