cassieaf

First time practicing in wind tunnel, need advice!

I'm currently an AFF student, making my third jump this upcoming Saturday. I had some difficulty with my form on my last jump, so I decided to book five minutes at the wind tunnel here in Orlando for this Thursday, just two days before my jump. I will be with an instructor, but he will be limited on the "coaching".. I have yet to purchase the AFF tunnel training package, I'd like to see if I can do without it (joys of being a college sophomore). I know I need to work more on bending my legs and arching, but the tunnel training is all new for me. After this AFF tandem jump, it's ground school and then after that I jump unattached for the following five jumps.. (oh boy). If anyone has any advice for what I should be focusing on during the training, that'd be much appreciated!
I like planes almost as much as jumping out of them.

The cost per minute in a tunnel is so high that having a coach pays off in my opinion. My 5 hours of tunnel are about evenly divided between coached and non-coached and in retrospect I doubt if I will ever go without a coach again. As a beginner, it is good to have a coach to catch and correct mistakes before they become bad habits. I only have 5 hours and this is only my experience and opinion, enjoy your tunnel time.

Tunnel flying at times convenient for your schedule is OK but you may want to check into "overnight camps" in Orlando's tunnel which schedule flight times all night long after regular hours once every few months.

During these camps u buy time at much reduced rates in 15 minute increments (no less than 15). The sessions include coaching and dvd's of your sessions (but tipping coaches is understood to be part of the deal).

Maybe email them at [email protected]
They also have what I think is called "week long memberships" where one flies 75 minutes in 7days for a very good rate and residents nights once a month for Florida residents where u can fly 5 minutes at a discount..

The coaches there can help a lot - even a whuffo like me.

I agree with wan2doit the overnight camps are the way to go(I also responded to your other thread)

but don't worry about what to work on they will give you a coach and he will tell you what to do. my first time they told me something similar (I had 50 jumps). they said I would have "novice coaching". I learned a ton from that "novice coaching" you will too