Remster

More tunnels in AZ!

Rack this one up to substantiated rumor (ie, I talked with a guy who knows something...) We know about the new tunnel project in Scottsdale (http://www.fliteshop.com/)

Apparently, that tickled iFly: I have been told that parts have been ordered for 1 tunnel in Tucson, and 1 in Phoenix.

Competition may not lower the prices, but at least it's pushed some development!

Still: till the foundations are poured and parts that look like they belong to a tunnel show up on the site, it aint happening yet...

PS: that will be 4 tunnels in AZ... 5 if you count Yuma that no one can fly in (booo hiss!). Take that TX! :P
Remster

base698

It seems no one posts pictures of all these new projects anymore. I remember back in the day people would setup blogs with pictures of the progress.

Would be nice to know how far alone some of them really are.

The only one that is in project phase in Fliteshop. And I really don't know where they're at with the build. Considering competitive issues, I'm not surprised they would keep things quiet until they're ready to go.
Remster

Replying to you but really this is for whoever.

The iFly model is unpredictable at best. Until you see a tunnel built with your own eyes and you have successfully flown in it - it does not exist. There have been many tunnels promised like Philly, New Jersey, DC Phoenix, San Diego...you get the picture.

Those blog updates on the construction phases are important to people who already fly but they are probably insignificant to the first-timers. After hours flying is also important to fliers but I don't see that happening in the "urban" tunnels either. There is a noticeable difference in going to a tunnel like Eloy or Paraclete or Perris where the tunnel is part of the DZ. You can hear the tunnel going all night long. On a wind-hold day the tunnel has spectators. It is usual to split a 30 minute block with one other group/flier who is doing a 15...instead of four first timers. doing 4 minutes each. And you can sneak in some tunnel time in the morning before the first load.

Just like we consider "tandem" and "fun jumper" dropzones, we can now start to look at tunnels that are "fun" vs. "meh".
There are no dangerous dives
Only dangerous divers