Bokkie

Visiting USA...

Hi all,

Husband and I are visiting / holiday New York & Buffalo in April.

We would like to get in some tunnel time if possible as we are both beginner skydivers and were told that tunnel time would be of great value for this new sport-love of ours.

Where would be the best place to go to? Quality value and price.

We only have American visas so unfortunately Canada is out of the question, as there is not enough time to obtain visas.

I should most likely post the next question in a different forum, but... we are also looking to buy some skydiving equipment while there. Is this advisable? Looking for G3 Cookie XL and Small, audibles and altimeters.

:)
Thanks in advance
Bokkie
(from South Africa)

Possibly call your tunnel of choice as far in advance as possible and check on discount rates on flight times to see When they offer them (e.g. overnight camps, residents nights etc.) so that u might schedule your trip to take advantage of them.

Whatever $$$$ u save can be applied to more minutes in the wind.:)

vincearnone

New Hampshire will be the closest, but I would recommend making the trip to Virginia Beach if you are going to train and not just fly for a novelty. A 14 foot tunnel is much more practical.

Unless you are doing dynamic ff, which at 19 jumps I doubt, a 12' tunnel will do just fine. Calling SVNH a novelty is quite laughable.

iFLY Orlando where I fly is 12 ft and many very experienced fliers as well as newer folks like me appreciate it greatly due to it's location and maybe the most affordable rates anywhere.

The smaller diameter could lead to even more precise control of body position while flying although at first it won't be that perfect. :)

Trafficdiver

***New Hampshire will be the closest, but I would recommend making the trip to Virginia Beach if you are going to train and not just fly for a novelty. A 14 foot tunnel is much more practical.

Unless you are doing dynamic ff, which at 19 jumps I doubt, a 12' tunnel will do just fine. Calling SVNH a novelty is quite laughable.

I can agree with your point, you can learn to fly in anything. Be careful though as jump numbers don't influence desire to fly in a certain manner. I use all of that 14 feet with my beginner students just as much as with my advanced students.

Also, to be clear I wasn't calling New Hampshire a novelty. I was saying if you were flying as a novelty - meaning going for a one off session vs going to fly a significant amount of time.
Indoor Skydiving Source - The Leading Indoor Skydiving Resource

Next trip to the US in the spring (or any time of the year) come to Southern California, or the Phoenix area (Eloy, AZ). Perris has a GREAT novice skydiver program with FREE Load Organizer coaches, a tunnel on site, complete gear sales and rentals, a clean (and inexpensive) bunkhouse, pool, restaurant, bar (GOOD food), and a friendly staff. Skydive AZ at Eloy is 'almost' as good (I'm a Perris jumper so a bit prejudice) with just about everything that was mentioned about Perris. BUT, when you come to SoCal, you can also go to Disneyland and a slew of other great places to visit AND skydive too!! BLUE SKIES and have a GREAT trip!! ;)

BigBearCards

Next trip to the US in the spring (or any time of the year) come to Southern California, or the Phoenix area (Eloy, AZ). Perris has a GREAT novice skydiver program with FREE Load Organizer coaches, a tunnel on site, complete gear sales and rentals, a clean (and inexpensive) bunkhouse, pool, restaurant, bar (GOOD food), and a friendly staff. Skydive AZ at Eloy is 'almost' as good (I'm a Perris jumper so a bit prejudice) with just about everything that was mentioned about Perris. BUT, when you come to SoCal, you can also go to Disneyland and a slew of other great places to visit AND skydive too!! BLUE SKIES and have a GREAT trip!! ;)

Hehehe... The Eloy tunnel actually runs ;-)
Remster

Remster

***Next trip to the US in the spring (or any time of the year) come to Southern California, or the Phoenix area (Eloy, AZ). Perris has a GREAT novice skydiver program with FREE Load Organizer coaches, a tunnel on site, complete gear sales and rentals, a clean (and inexpensive) bunkhouse, pool, restaurant, bar (GOOD food), and a friendly staff. Skydive AZ at Eloy is 'almost' as good (I'm a Perris jumper so a bit prejudice) with just about everything that was mentioned about Perris. BUT, when you come to SoCal, you can also go to Disneyland and a slew of other great places to visit AND skydive too!! BLUE SKIES and have a GREAT trip!! ;)

Hehehe... The Eloy tunnel actually runs ;-)

most of the time at least remi :ph34r:
R&D Firebird USA
Skyventure Arizona Instructor
Eloy, AZ