skydivechandler

Critique Please

At the bottom of this post I have included a link to my YouTube channel. I have a few videos posted. I have plans to fly at the tunnel in Hollywood on either February 14th or 15th, though I have not made a reservation and the plans are not final yet. Before I go, I would appreciate it if anyone could click on the link and view the last 3 videos I posted, then give feedback on things I should work on to improve. Anything related to the flying, I will look at it. You can leave a comment on the video(s), reply to this post, PM me, or email me at [email protected].

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzqeDpd3dYRWZbF6_UlIqw/feed

Thank you for taking the time to view this post.
Safe skies and smooth air
-Chandler

I'd prefer to give some advice, rather than Critique)

1 If you have the plans to visit concrete WT - may be it will be more usefull to ask the Instructor at this WT to look, give some input? Those, who actually will be coaching you)

2 If you are planing a consedirable amount of time in WT in future it will be quite usefull to get your own proper suit, it's really worth it

Regarding your video:
as usual - more breathing and relaxing, more smoth movements, less tension and rapid erratic ones:)
In backfly (and sitfly later) try to keep you toes a little bit pulled unto your self (it really helps get the tend to keep right angles/feelings etc of whole leg and very important point - hips)
Also try to keep your heels wider than your knees
And don't bring your elbows to your torso

Good Luck;)
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

I am just now learning sit fly in the tunnel so I'm by no means an expert, but not too long ago I was learning barrel rolls and the trick for me was to drop my head. Try this - get on your back and drop your head so much that you are literally looking at the wall upside down. Practice that a bit (the visuals are very odd and take some time to get used to). It's also not easy at first to stay stable and in one spot on your back doing this, but it gets easy pretty quickly. When you want to do your roll from back to belly, get back in that "looking upside down" position and don't forget to extend your arms to keep you from flying forward. It really helped me do nice smooth (and stable) rolls. Watching my videos I think it sort of forces an arch and that's what helps. Good luck!!