thatguythedj

My Little ones first tunnel

Hopefully the lucky little lady will love it at 1st flight like I did when I discovered iFLY Orlando at age 65+.

If she does maybe Dad can explain loving tunnel flying is a great incentive to do good in school so she can make the money to keep doing it when grown up.

Dang - I wish I'd of known about tunnel flying back in '89 when it started.

Truth be known I believe the tunnel is all I may ever need due to what my senses experience in there less the increased risks with real sky flying even though if I had known of the skydiving sport as it is today 20 or 30 years ago there is no way I could have resisted getting into it as deeply as humanly possible.

I will more than likely do 1 or 2 tandems soon to experience the scenery from the canopy descent and what a friend told me about hearing people on the ground talking from high up above them.

There's something about the tunnel though that fascinates me - everything from the feelings I feel when in it no matter what I am trying all the way to the sounds of the fans from inside the tunnel, the viewing room or outside at the air intake. Everything about the place winds my clock pretty tight plus iFLY Orlando's staff are a great bunch.

FlyBabeAU

That's awesome! She is so bendy! I'm happy to see this because it won't be all that long till I get my kids into the tunnel, along with Hubby. Its great to see kids getting in there and learning so happily.B|

your kids will do great, they always do. I am sure that mom will help them out as well. They will love every min of it, and i am sure your husband will too.

Yeah I'm sure they will. The plan is to get me through AFF and geared up first, because once they get into the tunnel we will probably be eating a whole lot of rice for some time to come! Just trying to spread out the costs… I want to try tunnel flying too, to be able to fly with my husband later on. Chances are he may never join me in the sky. Tunnel might be the only way I can fly with him, so I'll take whatever I can get.:)That's awesome your daughter passed her first level. B|

The best to you both. As I approached the 15 to 25 minutes in the tunnel the light bulb lit up on my belly flying and I got fairly stable which was very rewarding.

Now if another light bulb could light up on my leg turns I would grin with glee.

Enjoy that tunnel time.

So Friday we made our trip back up to Ifly in Chicago for Hailie's second trip to the tunnel. It took her the first couple min to get back into the flow. At the end of the last trip she was having trouble learning to slide. Which is pretty good since it was her first time. On this trip she finally gets it down. I am pretty happy with her progress in the tunnel so far. She get to do flips and rolls next time and maybe back fly.

Just a quick note...I tried back fly this time and it was a good laugh. Maybe next time.

Here is her video below:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=avfpDmbSdKs&feature=youtu.be

Your little girl is doing great.

One exercise among others that helped me with leg dropping was to stand in place, raise one leg up in front of me as high as possible and as the leg approaches the highest point raise up on the ball of the opposite foot. I was doing as many reps as comfortably possible with each leg.

Takes some getting used to.

The rising up on the other foot at the end of the high leg lift got me in the habit of straightening my leg when dropping the other one in the tunnel.

Hopefully I made sense on that.

Your daughter will probably be ready to instruct in about 10 hours at the rate she's going.