tred

first time tunnel..contact coach?

thinking about going to ifly Orlando for my first time in a wind tunnel soon. was wondering if its best to just sign up and go and they will take care of me or should I seek out a coach who specifically teaches new skydivers. thanks for any advice

Tunnel newbie here and on top of that I'm a whuffo but I love the Orlando tunnel. Their coaches are as good as they get. Since you already understand the basics of belly flying you might want to consider an overnight skydiving camp. On this plan you will fly sometime between 10pm Saturday and 10 am Sunday morning. No guarantees on times you will fly but they notify you of everyone's flight times a few days before the camp. There is one coming up on Jan 10th 2015 - they may still have time available but I would move fast for this one.

Flights at the camps I have attended are 2 1/2 minutes then breaks to allow rotation of all in a group, then after 6 - 2 1/2 minute flights there is a one hour break , then another 15 minutes etc. etc.

iFLY's Phone is 1 407 903 1150

You can buy blocks of time in 15 minute increments for around 10 dollars a minute +tax. At an overnite camp you get the time, a dvd record of your flights and coaching for your $$$. One caveat - tip the coaches well since they are there for you - it's part of the deal.

iFLY Orlando also has residents weeks where 75 minutes of time can be flown in a 7 day period for about $675.00 plus tax.

There is also a residents night twice a month that offers somewhat discounted rates for up to 5 or 10 minutes.

I have never hired a coach for private coaching but if I did it would be hard to choose between the ones that have helped train me - Benji, Casey, Striker, Chris, Marco, Josh or Brad they are all good in my book.

Anyway - Good Luck.