PhreeZone

Double tunnel design coming to San Diego

Nope.
Physics is a b..tch.

Motors are speeding up almost instantly. From lower flying setting of 50% power to top 100% is like 1-2 seconds.
But the air need time to be compressed and to move from motors section to fly zone. So 50-100% acceleration takes about 5-7 seconds and this is quite noticeable.

Vallerina

***Negative side effects could (not for sure) be compromises in tunnel hardware or facilities maintenance and reduction of positive attitudes demonstrated by tunnel staff due to lower pay.

Maybe, but one thing that I find strange is the differences in pricing for Skyventure vs iFly. For example, Skyventure AZ is $750/hour without coaching (quoted from the website, yes I'm aware that it can be bought cheaper.) iFly Denver is $825/hour. I don't know about maintenance or staff at AZ, but assuming it's equal to Denver, I'm curious to know the logic behind the pricing structures.already the difference in construction costs maybe ? Ground cost. Building cost. Technology cost. Don't know how the Denver tunnel is, but SVAZ is pretty rustical
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Vallerina

***Negative side effects could (not for sure) be compromises in tunnel hardware or facilities maintenance and reduction of positive attitudes demonstrated by tunnel staff due to lower pay.

Maybe, but one thing that I find strange is the differences in pricing for Skyventure vs iFly. For example, Skyventure AZ is $750/hour without coaching (quoted from the website, yes I'm aware that it can be bought cheaper.) iFly Denver is $825/hour. I don't know about maintenance or staff at AZ, but assuming it's equal to Denver, I'm curious to know the logic behind the pricing structures.

Arizona is a 14' non recirculating tunnel. Colorado is a recirculating tunnel (not sure on diameter). This makes a HUGE difference in design and building. Also Arizona has been around much longer and is always booked due to multiple world class teams training and coaching there. Arizona is located right on the dropzone. Colorado is located in a municipal area, where rent and possibly taxes are much higher.

jtiflyer

Arizona is a 14' non recirculating tunnel. Colorado is a recirculating tunnel (not sure on diameter). This makes a HUGE difference in design and building. Also Arizona has been around much longer and is always booked due to multiple world class teams training and coaching there. Arizona is located right on the dropzone. Colorado is located in a municipal area, where rent and possibly taxes are much higher.

Also the cost of living in the area as well as utilities is probably higher. Cost of living in CO has gone through the roof.
She is not a "Dumb Blonde" - She is a "Light-Haired Detour Off The Information Superhighway."
eeneR
TF#72, FB#4130, Incauto

Wow Renee.... Nice to see you back..

Well, kinda hiding off in this Wind Tunnel Forum :D...

I saw the new post and was hopeful they had completed construction and would be running before my next trip;)

Once the plane takes off, you're gonna have to land - Might as well jump out!!

^ Are those tunnels the 12 ft lower ceiling variety?

I heard they turned Airbourne on, but that there are lingering issues. I'd personally be surprised if it's open for real prior to iFly Oceanside which is already a hole in the ground.

https://www.facebook.com/iflyoceanside/

billvon

Flew in it last night. Very nice.

Jealousy! I got invited to socal early next year, so I thought I'd budget some cash for a pilgrimage...but it seems like AA has ghosted on us...phone out of service, nothing recent on FB or Tweeter, and website is 404.

Any updates on the disposition of this tunnel's future?

It's a great story Tristan tells. Y'all take the time to hear it...'fiberglass shrapnel cloud', 'pencil'd out, head down at 100% and lost power', are just a couple of the gems you'll hear about.

At the end of the interview segment about Airborne San Diego, Tristan makes a quick comment about the potential looming legal assault. I would assume a pretty penny has already been paid to quality lawyers to get past the patent and intellectual property hurdles in the US. So the money spent on development (estimated 38 million on a 15 million expected project cost) isn't even the whole story.

I'm really bummed. I love iFly, I just want to hear the US tunnel industry is getting bigger and has more than one player...but to hear that awesome building is going to likely become a theater...:S>:(B| what a let down for so many people.

Does anyone else find it odd that there's so little information on the web about Airborne's demise?