JeffCa

Conveniently located tunnels for trip

Hi all, I'm hoping to do a tunnel trip in the near future and want to get some ideas about the most conveniently-located tunnels from those of you who have been around. I want to do this without a rental car, but it seems like a lot of tunnels are out in the middle of nowhere with not much around. Here are my requirements and bonus points:

Requirements:

- enough power for freefly (Malaysia and China out)
- competitive prices (Singapore out)
- solid coaches
- easy public transport from nearest major airport
- easy walk or public transport to decent accommodation, restaurants, other things to do when not flying

Nice bonuses (not required):

- on or close to a dropzone
- direct flight from Tokyo (examples: Toronto, Sydney, Dubai, London, Chicago, Dallas, Houston, Seattle, Denver, San Francisco, Los Angeles, etc)
- no advance visa required (Moscow out)

Which tunnels, if any, are a good fit for the above? Thanks for your help!

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

I've heard awesome things about Denver and Seattle. The Los Angeles one is ok, great coaches, but it's at universal so tons of tourists and it's a weird shape (kind of a cone). Perris isn't too far from la though and it's on a dz (can't get much more convenient than that, but I haven't flown it so not sure what the speeds are like.

The tunnel in Chicago is in the shadow of O'Hare airport - you can fly non-stop there from tokyo.

It's fast enough for freefly and brand new. I have 3 hours in there, I found it to be a nice tunnel.

There are 4 turbine DZs within an hour and a half drive.

It's situated in an entertainment district, bars/restaurant/hotel/movie theater all in walking distance.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Thanks for the tips so far, everybody. I've been investigating all of your suggestions.

"So many fatalities and injuries are caused by decisions jumpers make before even getting into the aircraft. Skydiving can be safe AND fun at the same time...Honest." - Bill Booth

Hey JeffCa,

How about Airspace, in Charleroi Belgium http://www.airspace.be/en/ (coaches are mentioned on the staff page)

- New, big ass and powerfull tunnel
- Right next to the Charlerloi airport with hotels and all that (actually visible from the airport)
- Probably no direct flight from Tokyo to Charleroi, but there should be one to Brussels. About 2 hours away with public transport, and more than enough of that since it's airport to airport.

-Other things to do: capital of Europe to check out, not to far from the sea, couple of weekend warrior dropzones nearby. And if you come in July a free boogie! https://www.facebook.com/events/224600964383914/?fref=ts