Remster

New tunnel coming to Arizona (Phoenix/Scottsdale)

***. No one will be flying in SDAZ tunnel.
?
I will, and happily, the only time I'm ever there is mid winter, and I have no issues keeping warm, in either morning or night flights.
I like eloys tunnel.
Ive been in a couple of the recirculation tunnels and eloy does ths job just fine.
If you cant learn what you need at eloy, a newer shiny tunnel wont help
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

stayhigh

If the price is similar there is no way you'll be opting on open tunnel vs closed tunnel.

You only like Eloy tunnel because there is only one eloy tunnel.

... And it's on the DZ. Do a few minutes, a few jumps, back in the tube, vice versa.

Having the tunnel on the DZ is a huge plus for jumpers. For tunnel rats and wuffos, not so much.
Remster

Remster

***If the price is similar there is no way you'll be opting on open tunnel vs closed tunnel.

You only like Eloy tunnel because there is only one eloy tunnel.

... And it's on the DZ. Do a few minutes, a few jumps, back in the tube, vice versa.

Having the tunnel on the DZ is a huge plus for jumpers. For tunnel rats and wuffos, not so much.yup, and I like all the staff there.
There's no way I would go to Stockdale from the DZ everyday if I do my normal 15 morning 15 night.
Also there's very little chance the prices will be similar
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

this is very uniquie, actually.
I know only Eloy and Paraclete tunnels where business model is really different from the others, thanks to skydivers and military contracts.

every other tunnel lives on first timers. skydivers fills the off-peak hours.

Yes.
I flew in Moscow, Hollywood, Arizona, Orlando, Nashua, Prague, SF and Utah.
I working for Flystation, which is ISG tunnel.

I like round walls in IFly/SV tunnels, but prefer wind in IGS systems. To be honest, I didn't have a chance to fly in new generation SV tunnels (like Singapoure or XP), so my experience may be a little outdated.

ISG systems are really super smooth, even in a very hot weather. Right now we are running at 100% open vent doors and this does not seriously affect anything. In Moscow tunnel during summer we usually had like +40 C inside and really bad turbulence which makes flying at high speed really uncomfortable.

Just my opinion.

NPower

Has anyone flown in both a re-circulating iFly/Sky Venture tunnel and an ISG tunnel like VossVind? I'd be curious to hear from folks who've flown in both on how they compare in terms clean air flow and anything else that makes you favour one over the other.

I've flown in the following tunnels:

iFly:
Nashua
Denver
Utah
Montreal
Seattle
Dallas
Naperville
Eloy
XP

ISG:
VossVind

I'd say that my favorite tunnel is Seattle/Montreal (they're basically the same). They're airlocked so the tunnel doesn't have to be shut down, they're big enough that you can run lines properly and they're round. They're also very powerful. iFly Dallas is beautiful and very clean but the way the power drops off at the net and increases towards the top of the glass is not good for skydivers. It's good for first time flyers which makes the tunnel their money and that's great but being able to walk in and out doesn't help us, certainly not at the cost of consistent airflow. XP is awesome and, if I had LOADS more money, it'd be my favorite but it's not practical in terms of travel or cost, at least for me.

I'd say that the ISG tunnel combines the benefits of the "old" style 14' tunnels like Seattle/Montreal with the smoothness of the "new" style (Austin/Dallas/Rosemont/Naperville/etc). If ISG came up with a completely round flight chamber, they'd probably be my favorite. Having said that, I haven't flown in an ISG tunnel for a while so I may be misremembering.

For people not working on dynamic movement, iFly Utah is beyond a doubt the best deal in the country. Deals aside, 12' non-circular tunnels are plenty for people not doing dynamic. Some will argue that you can run lines in 12' tunnels and that may be true but you can see the difference in form between people who work in 12' tunnels (especially non-circular) and 14' tunnels.

FlightShop in Scottsdale AZ is "currently waiting on approval of construction documents".

I wanted to amend my comparison of iFly and ISG tunnels that, according to people I know, the drop off in airflow at the newer iFly tunnels isn't good for first timers either.

Additionally, iFly has got their first ground level flight chamber tunnel in Houston and there's meant to be more of them (I think Kansas City is one as well). The Houston one allegedly has trouble with condensation which makes sense if you think about the climate there and temperature differences between above and below ground somewhere like Houston. Not to mention the humidity!