corpkid

Critique away!

I'm strong, I can handle it. WTF am I doing wrong on these rolls in the tunnel??? In the sky - it's not a problem. (go ahead and mute the music - trust me). I was proving a point to a fellow Rainbow boogie friend. haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFACdo5OOWE

For barrel rolls mostly helps:
1: you should stabilize yourself along horizontal axis - so keep looking at the point infront of you (instructor's eyes - perfect poinf for focus) through whole transition (when you looking up as in video - you tilt your head, and upper body loose lift and you dive)
1.5 More help you'd get if you keep looking and try to reach this point in front of you by your arm (imagine yourself like you trying to screw some screw) around which you want to rotate (right arm for clockwise rotation and vise versa) - it's prevent your diving at backflying position even more

2: Other thing - is to bring both of your knees forward a little - this also prevent your forward diving after rotation (since it will be less pushing at legs), your bodyposition will be close to neytral backflying and actual rotation will be easyier
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

personally I found it easier to learn belly to back and then back to belly rolls (both directions) before putting them together into a belly to belly roll...

your lower body just looks like it's along for the ride, personally I drive my roll by dropping my knee down and driving it under my body and extend my arms to prevent the forward drive that can occur when rolling as required

the extending a single arm on the rotating side and picking a point in space as reference as you roll (slowly!) over is also good advice

also I'm not a big fan of "hucking" moves, obviously some require some power, but doing a slow controlled roll to a back fly then another slow controlled roll back to belly will let you feel the air and fly it, rather than just trying to power your way over and probably hit your face on the net

just my $0.02... keep it up! B|

edit: here's the first roll I could find of myself laying around, this one uses the reach forward method and I'm actually using my hips to drive the roll... and to nit-pick myself, my knees are too far apart and I'm too "noisy" in the air with extraneous movements... it's an old vid :Phttp://youtu.be/_jFh5zqSojk

NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Thanks guys... I have been studying this along w/ your feedback and I think I have it nailed. We will see in my next 75mins in the tunnel next week. LEGS IN/KICK/ARMS OUT. It's a start! LOL Love body flight and back at it next week! Thank you!

Use one knee to get all the rotation you need (notice the instructor showing you this in the vid), stick one arm out straight and bring your other arm in tight to your chest. Use your hips to adjust lift.

-E
If this is your first night, you have to fight.