BMichaeli

iFly Chicago Pre-Opening sale

Coaching is not included. It is a 14 foot design that is a clone of the new style iFly tunnels. Recirculating, any time enter/exit, etc. Its basically a new version of Austin/Dallas.

These are looking to be standard price ranges for all the new tunnel designs that iFly is making right now.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

PhreeZone

Coaching is not included. It is a 14 foot design that is a clone of the new style iFly tunnels. Recirculating, any time enter/exit, etc. Its basically a new version of Austin/Dallas.

These are looking to be standard price ranges for all the new tunnel designs that iFly is making right now.

Interesting. I suppose for someone who doesn't need to do team training and just needs 1 v 1 coaching, these newer, larger tunnels are a harder sell.
cavete terrae.

grue

***Coaching is not included. It is a 14 foot design that is a clone of the new style iFly tunnels. Recirculating, any time enter/exit, etc. Its basically a new version of Austin/Dallas.

Interesting. I suppose for someone who doesn't need to do team training and just needs 1 v 1 coaching, these newer, larger tunnels are a harder sell.

Yes and no. I think if you compare the first generation (Orlando/Perris) 12 footers with the next generation recirculating 12-footers (SF Bay, NH, CO, UT) there's a noticeable difference in quality. But yeah, do you really need a 14 footer vs. a 12 footer for 1:1 training? Probably not. But if it's a choice between hitting the 14-footer in your backyard once a week (for a higher rate) where you can play with your local friends, or traveling to a 12-footer every so often for more intensive sessions, well, then you just have to figure out what works best for you and your goals. (And of course, do the math on whether better rates at a smaller tunnel offset the travel costs you'll add to go to one).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

NWFlyer

******Coaching is not included. It is a 14 foot design that is a clone of the new style iFly tunnels. Recirculating, any time enter/exit, etc. Its basically a new version of Austin/Dallas.

Yes and no. I think if you compare the first generation (Orlando/Perris) 12 footers with the next generation recirculating 12-footers (SF Bay, NH, CO, UT) there's a noticeable difference in quality. But yeah, do you really need a 14 footer vs. a 12 footer for 1:1 training? Probably not. But if it's a choice between hitting the 14-footer in your backyard once a week (for a higher rate) where you can play with your local friends, or traveling to a 12-footer every so often for more intensive sessions, well, then you just have to figure out what works best for you and your goals. (And of course, do the math on whether better rates at a smaller tunnel offset the travel costs you'll add to go to one).

Yeah for me currently it's a choice between:

Fly to Sydney and use their tunnel at $1,600US/hr (hahah get fucked greedballs).

Fly to the US, and pick between Hollywood, SF Bay, or Colorado.

I've never flown any of them, but each has compelling arguments.

…but once I move back to the US, I'll be in the midwest at first, almost equidistant between Colorado and Chicago. On-season I'd probably just organize a trip with my locals to SDC + tunnel, but off-season I see no compelling reason not to go to Colorado unless I were doing team training.
cavete terrae.

NWFlyer

Yes and no. I think if you compare the first generation (Orlando/Perris) 12 footers with the next generation recirculating 12-footers (SF Bay, NH, CO, UT) there's a noticeable difference in quality.

SkyVenture lists SF Bay as a 1000 hp tunnel, whereas NH, CO, and UT are 1200 hp (and Orlando/Perris/Milton Keynes are listed as 1000 hp also), which may also factor?

Anyone know what the power of the new (Austin, Dallas, Downunder, Seattle) 14-footers are? It isn't quoted on the SkyVenture website but all these tunnels quote "upto 160 mp/h wind speeds", whereas Manchester (and although not stated, I believe Basingstoke also, both are 14 ft.) is 180 mp/h from 1600 hp (recirculating as opposed to the 1600 hp of Arizona and Alcantarilla which are also 14 ft).

But yeah, do you really need a 14 footer vs. a 12 footer for 1:1 training?

My point being if you are a bigger guy wanting to learn head-down or a 4-way VFS, is 1200 hp enough? Maybe in 12 ft, but 1000 hp would be a struggle, especially for a lazy/uncoordinated guy like me! Solution for that is topped out speed isn't it? :-P
Skydiving Fatalities - Cease not to learn 'til thou cease to live

cpoxon

My point being if you are a bigger guy wanting to learn head-down or a 4-way VFS, is 1200 hp enough? Maybe in 12 ft, but 1000 hp would be a struggle, especially for a lazy/uncoordinated guy like me! Solution for that is topped out speed isn't it? :-P

1600 HP is enough for 16ft
for 12ft you need approx 1.7-1.8 less power to be equal to 16ft
So 1000 hp seems enough if their airduct is well ingeneered
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?

Why haven't you considered iFly Singapore, or if you are still doing belly, Skyventure Genting?

Skyventure Genting is by far the cheapest at $400 USD/hr

Edit: How bout Dubai as well? I heard tickets are cheap due to Emirates and the tunnel is relatively affordable and good.

ianyapxw

Why haven't you considered iFly Singapore, or if you are still doing belly, Skyventure Genting?

Skyventure Genting is by far the cheapest at $400 USD/hr

Edit: How bout Dubai as well? I heard tickets are cheap due to Emirates and the tunnel is relatively affordable and good.

Singapore is about the same ripoff level as Sydney will be, far more cost effective to go stateside.

Genting won't do since I'm a freeflyer.

Dubai I have ethical issues with.
cavete terrae.

ianyapxw

May I know what's wrong with Dubai? I've only been 'in the scene' for months so I've got not idea what's the issue with Dubai and am interested to know.

You don't have to be a skydiver to have an opinion on Dubai as a country that might also extend to businesses within the country, including dropzones and tunnels.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

ianyapxw

Ahh.

Sorry for living under a rock, but what's wrong with dubai? I'll assume it's similar to what's going on in most of the world (South America, China, India, most of Middle East). Underpaid workers, bad working conditions?

We have a whole forum devoted to political discussions. In the interest of keeping this focused on the tunnels, I'll just say do your own research and form your own opinions. :)