dtthorne

I Want To be A Tunnel Rat In Arizona!

Hello all! To much surprise, instead of my company sending me to Minnesota, or Iowa, for the winter, they sent me to Arizona!

I have to work 7 days a week, but have managed to make time in the evening twice a week to get 15-30 minutes per session in the SkyVenture Tunnel at Eloy. I have worked mostly with Jim Stengell with a couple sessions with Vince and Bill. I have about 4 hours of time now and am eager to start spreading my wings and fly with fellow enthusiasts!

I know there is a group that gets together occasionally, but I can not seem to find them on facebook. Does anyone have some information that could help me find them? Is anyone else out there looking for flying friends?

If I could, I would fly 5 nights a week! I have met some great people and hope to meet, and fly with many more!!

I can't not even put into words how great it is to be in Arizona! My home in Washington received 16" of snow over the weekend, and I am down here getting a sunburn!!:)

You really should talk to the instructors about this... they're the best people to help you rather than hoping that someone on the group is on DZ.com

Also, I don't know how the tunnel group there is organized, but where I go we meet once a week, same day. Hence if you've never seen them before you might not actually be free to fly with them.