Jbag

freefly tunnel/sky suit?

that's a pretty general question without any specific info as to what type of suit you have or want to fly in

you can use almost anything in the tunnel really that fits right and won't blow open in sustained winds

some things to consider:

zipper protection: a flapping zipper can tear up your neck and can come unzipped (gaffer's tape can help)
amount of drag: lots of flapping material can cause chafing that feels like a sunburn (wear under armor to prevent this)
condition of cuffs/spandex/velcro: secure?

I just used the free suits at the tunnel for a long time until I decided what style/features I wanted. Eventually the baggy suits at the tunnels became a nuisance and I opted for something custom. I had over a dozen hours before I just couldn't stand the thick, baggy suits anymore.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Sack, use the suits at the tunnel
If you plan on doing a fair bit of time, you'll likely need a better suit than the baggy one I last saw you in.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

mattjw916

that's a pretty general question without any specific info as to what type of suit you have or want to fly in

you can use almost anything in the tunnel really that fits right and won't blow open in sustained winds

some things to consider:

zipper protection: a flapping zipper can tear up your neck and can come unzipped (gaffer's tape can help)
amount of drag: lots of flapping material can cause chafing that feels like a sunburn (wear under armor to prevent this)
condition of cuffs/spandex/velcro: secure?

I just used the free suits at the tunnel for a long time until I decided what style/features I wanted. Eventually the baggy suits at the tunnels became a nuisance and I opted for something custom. I had over a dozen hours before I just couldn't stand the thick, baggy suits anymore.

I like your style. i've been using them for the past couple hours but i ended up ripping one last time i was in. was thinking about getting a FF suit or something to fly in the tunnel with. i like your check list of what i should look for. thanks.

SQUEAK! i am way better at flying than you!
IHYD