Sky_doggy

Tunnel Coach Recommendation - Eloy

Hi,

I plan on going to Eloy latter this month to do some jumping and tunnel work and I am looking for some recommendations for tunnel coaches.

My interest is belly work and perhaps learning how some techniques for tandem camera flying.

I have had mixed experiences with tunnel coaching, I found the coaches at Denver were really good, but my last trip to Orlando was a bust and I wasted my money. To be fair the coach for the first 15 m was okay, but the second guy had no clue on how to teach.

Thanski

honestly, all of them are good in my experience

When you book the time, tell them exactly what you want to work on and that you want a dedicated coach for your flights (coaching is paid directly to the instructor separate from your block time). You will get a pre-briefing, discuss objectives ahead of time, etc. They have a "tape-delay" monitor that you can review your rotations on during the block time itself as well. Bring a USB memory stick and you can even download your entire flight when you're done. They will also do a video debrief after your flight is over.

The instructor skill level is basically insane there, I wouldn't worry about getting your money's worth. They are there to teach skydivers to fly, not run whuffos through tunnels at a mall like an amusement park ride. ;)

NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

I regularly conduct FS tunnel camps at SkyVenture Colorado sometimes with the help of my son.

My son is a professional skydiver in Eloy and lives in Casa Grande.

He was the alternate for Arizona Airspeed for the last couple of years and won the World Meet in Dubai last year. His new 4 way team did just under a 20 average and he won Silver with Airspeed in 10 and 16 way at this year’s USPA Nationals, and is involved with the Arizona Airspeed Challenge.

In addition he conducts FS camps at Eloy, so you may want to see if he has one while you are there.

Because he is a Tunnel Instructor at the Eloy tunnel, he can help schedule your time and really knows the system to get the best for his tunnel students. It’s also nice that when someone cancels tunnel time he can be on the list to get called so his coaching customers get first chance at the time.

If you really want to excel while on the trip you can arrange for him to do some one on one jumping in addition to the tunnel.

I hear nothing but good things about him from his customers. He’s young, enthusiastic, passionate and quite talented.

He is pretty busy this coming week with the P3 world record 250 way sequential, so please be patient if you try to contact him.

Tell him his “Old Man” told you to contact him.

I would send him an email or FB message with all your details and needs (Nick Grillet).

[email protected]

Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

Skydivesg

I regularly conduct FS tunnel camps at SkyVenture Colorado sometimes with the help of my son.

He was the alternate for Arizona Airspeed for the last couple of years and won the World Meet in Dubai last year. His new 4 way team did just under a 20 average and he won Silver with Airspeed in 10 and 16 way at this year’s USPA Nationals, and is involved with the Arizona Airspeed Challenge.

In addition he conducts FS camps at Eloy, so you may want to see if he has one while you are there.

Because he is a Tunnel Instructor at the Eloy tunnel, he can help schedule your time and really knows the system to get the best for his tunnel students. It’s also nice that when someone cancels tunnel time he can be on the list to get called so his coaching customers get first chance at the time.

If you really want to excel while on the trip you can arrange for him to do some one on one jumping in addition to the tunnel.

I hear nothing but good things about him from his customers. He’s young, enthusiastic, passionate and quite talented.

He is pretty busy this coming week with the P3 world record 250 way sequential, so please be patient if you try to contact him.

I would send him an email or FB message with all your details and needs (Nick Grillet).

[email protected]

^^This
I know Nick and have seen him coaching in the Tunnel many times. There's few there better, MAYBE Mark Kirby & Steve Curtis
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

The famous Nick from the highcomms 'Jump Day" vid...

Skydivesg

[email protected]

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth - Mike Tyson