jimbellew

HD outface carving

Thanks good video. Maybe I should try it from static head down on a higher speed like the vid rather than slow speed.
The slow stuff I've tried gets me round the tunnel but it still feel I'm on my belly rather than HD. Some have said roll shoulders back, others roll forward. Some have said whilst knees bent, push with toes.
But like you've said, getting my head down may do it.
Thanks
Jim

well, if you really want to fly good, fly slow :)

yeah, it is harder.
yeah, it is boring.

but every 4-way dynamic team, where carving are the essential of the very discipline, will teach you to fly at slow speed.

do not bother like 'oh my, I am not in a HD but mostly on my belly'. If your body position is right you just add speed and here you go - carving face out in a perfect position. Slow speed teaches you to be straight and use whole body, not the legs only. Once again, look how best ones are flying - no bend knees, no 'frog' position, just straight body and stellar speed.

Righ now I am fighting real hard to beat my high speed / skydive body positions. Believe me, it will be better and easy to learn properly from the very beginning.