sdigital

Wind Tunnel coach advice for relatively new solo jumper

Hey, so I'm really close to getting my A-license. I feel like my stability in free-fall can use some refinement. I've also been known to have a fast fall rate but then again I'm 210lbs.

Other than form tweaking for stability, do you guys recommend I have the coach teach me anything else in the tunnel? Trying to get the most bang for my buck.

I happen to be in Austin for the weekend and have a wind tunnel appt later today @ iFly

Thanks for your advice!

I already have a couple things to point out, overall I am happy with my form. My question was more along the lines of lets say we tweak the issues and there's time left over, is there anything cool or specifically noteworthy that you'd ask them to show you in addition to my concerns?

If you're concerned about your fall rate too you could do some speed-matching exercises in there. I've always found it to be easier to match fall speeds in the tunnel than in the air. I've also always had a slower fall speed in the tunnel, I assume on account of not having a 30-40 pound rig on my back. At 210 your fall rate's probably not atrocious, though. What do you fall at, 130ish?

You could do some leg turns and lead into side-sliding. Side-sliding's fun.

You could also ask to be shown mantis style. Your kung-fu doesn't have to be awesome to learn mantis style. I still find myself reverting back to box when I get distracted, though. That usually happens more in the tunnel than in the sky.
I'm trying to teach myself how to set things on fire with my mind. Hey... is it hot in here?