spinblue

Orlando tunnel

Years ago I tried a tunnel and was very unimpressed with it. At the time, I had about 450 jumps and I found it very, very difficult trying to get any loft. I quickly dismissed it, but it's always bothered me.

I don't know if its still there even, probably not, at least for sure, not the same one. I just thought maybe they cut back on the power to reduce costs or they just didn't have enough power.

Seems it might be common about these things. Nothing like catching true air and until the mind goes, will always forever be with me.

i used the ORL tunnel during my AFF and found it useful, however I did have to work a bit and really push my shoulders forward in order to get lift

At the time I thought the same thing as you. However after i got in the sky & bought a N3A to log data from my jumps I found out my average Freefall speed is 140-150 MPH ... so the problem wasn't the tunnel, the problem was me being short and hefty, So then I started incorporating the same body position i used in the tunnel to slow my freefall speed.

from talking to other jumpers that travel a lot Orlando is a decent tunnel, but it's not the best. If you want a fast tunnel with lots of room head up to Paraclete. I've heard good things about colorado too

spinblue

Years ago I tried a tunnel and was very unimpressed with it. At the time, I had about 450 jumps and I found it very, very difficult trying to get any loft. I quickly dismissed it, but it's always bothered me.

I don't know if its still there even, probably not, at least for sure, not the same one. I just thought maybe they cut back on the power to reduce costs or they just didn't have enough power.

Seems it might be common about these things. Nothing like catching true air and until the mind goes, will always forever be with me.

Just flew there a few weeks ago. I am 6'3 210 and the power is fine. It does not have the power that paraclete has but depending on your skill level you can fly on your head in the Orlando tunnel. Get in there and get some coaching. Tyler is a solid coach. (just a personal recommendation)
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com