corpkid

Training with Ari.....

I am excited. Just hung up the phone and Ari's a great guy - 30 min of tunnel training starts with him next month. I'm still tunneling till then (have 10 mins tomorrow besides him which puts me at 18 mins of tunnel).... Not cheap but that awesome body-flight I want so much! I'll be on my back soon. LOL

sounds great, you won't be disappointed with Ari.

I was at 17 jumps when I did 3 hours in Feb.

Now I am at 60 jumps going back for another 3 hours this weekend.

You will be on your back in no time, but you might find belly flying is just as fun....I pretty much am enjoying it all.

Ari was telling me about the Austin tunnel tonight and wow - that makes our Orlando one look like a relic! I think I might be taking a few weekend trips to Texas this summer, especially since Ari is leaving for there soon.

Ari is great - really patient and very easy to work with. Looking forward to next week's 15 mins with him. :)

So I'm the creaky old schoolmarm who received a tandem skydive as a birthday present...was gonna be a one time "that's interesting" deal...ended up fascinated, and started AFF a couple of weeks later...and discovered that I am NOT a natural at this. My AFFI mentioned that wind tunnels existed (okay, say it with me...this woman knew NOTHING about skydiving...except it looked really cool...). Found this site, started asking about wind tunnels, where to go, how best to learn, etc.

Got a lot of good information, and a PM from Ari, letting me know he was doing a tunnel camp in CO, and yes, he was willing to take on a very beginning student who wanted to start out with the right information.

I was fortunate to be able to book an hour of time over a couple of days at the camp, and in between watching him teaching people head down and sitflying, he would patiently work with me on Skydiving 101. Very patiently.

I came back home for my Category B jump...and it was a totally different experience (in my A jump, I had lost my arch and tossed an instructor off...in B, they told me they barely had to hang onto my leg grips, that my positioning in the air was excellent -- all things that would NOT have happened without the careful, attentive coaching in the tunnel, planning before, debrief after.)

Ari has phenomenal teaching skills, a great sense of humor, and I think he could fly in that tunnel forever (as I staggered out at the end to find a giant economy-sized bottle of Advil and a soft surface...).

Working with Ari was one of the best things I could have done to begin to figure out this alien world of the sky. It was so cool to watch how he worked with the advanced skills of the other folks, take a minute to teach beginning turns (hi...), then back to some amazing advanced flight thing I don't even have a name for yet!

frogerina

So I'm the creaky old schoolmarm who received a tandem skydive as a birthday present...was gonna be a one time "that's interesting" deal...ended up fascinated, and started AFF a couple of weeks later...and discovered that I am NOT a natural at this. My AFFI mentioned that wind tunnels existed (okay, say it with me...this woman knew NOTHING about skydiving...except it looked really cool...). Found this site, started asking about wind tunnels, where to go, how best to learn, etc.

Got a lot of good information, and a PM from Ari, letting me know he was doing a tunnel camp in CO, and yes, he was willing to take on a very beginning student who wanted to start out with the right information.

I was fortunate to be able to book an hour of time over a couple of days at the camp, and in between watching him teaching people head down and sitflying, he would patiently work with me on Skydiving 101. Very patiently.

I came back home for my Category B jump...and it was a totally different experience (in my A jump, I had lost my arch and tossed an instructor off...in B, they told me they barely had to hang onto my leg grips, that my positioning in the air was excellent -- all things that would NOT have happened without the careful, attentive coaching in the tunnel, planning before, debrief after.)

Ari has phenomenal teaching skills, a great sense of humor, and I think he could fly in that tunnel forever (as I staggered out at the end to find a giant economy-sized bottle of Advil and a soft surface...).

Working with Ari was one of the best things I could have done to begin to figure out this alien world of the sky. It was so cool to watch how he worked with the advanced skills of the other folks, take a minute to teach beginning turns (hi...), then back to some amazing advanced flight thing I don't even have a name for yet!

Seconded.

He did the same for me.

Glad you made it to a camp, those are so much fun! Hope to meet you at one down the road! Keep jumping and practicing all the awesome stuff you learned.

Hahah Todd, watching him play bad student was good times. Happy bday btw.

faulk04

Ari is a great coach, but is a terrible student!!! I've never seen a student so bad before.

Hmm....think maybe he was channeling my first several minutes in the tunnel for inspiration there. ;)

And Bignugget -- thanks for the birthday wishes -- not sure hubby had any idea his gift of the tandem was going to become such a gift that keeps on giving...