ChrisD

Wind Tunnel Coaching.com

:)
I saw these guys in action over the last few days and I was totally impressed with their fanatical approach to making sure their students were successful. It was a pleasure to watch them work.

So ya! I wanted to get the word out so that other skydivers in the New England area know about their services!

They are really big on getting you (safely) doing two ways/ and more to maximize tunnel time! I never knew that about tunnel time! So I thought this would be a good time to ask anyone if there are other time maximizing strategies that anyone else has or can share??
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

are other time maximizing strategies that anyone else has or can share??

You've really hit on the #1 thing - coaching. It's remarkable to me that people who are spending $X00 per hour for tunnel time will balk at paying a bit more for good quality coaching; it makes the value of that $X00 so much higher. (Of course, lots of coaches have bulk purchase deals with the tunnels so that they can end up offering coached time at a rate that's pretty competitive with the "street" rate that an average person would pay for uncoached time).

Good coaching should come with lots of time spent outside the tunnel, too - just like you'd dirt dive and debrief a skydive, time spent dirt diving and debriefing tunnel time means that you can get that much more out of the time you're spending in the windy tube. Debriefing should include not just the quick chats between sessions, but also a review of video after the session.

Other than that, I'd say that figuring out what your personal "sweet spot" is for concentrated time in the tunnel is important. I find that if I do a lot of tunnel over a weekend (as in a tunnel camp) I can make pretty big strides, but there's a point of diminishing returns - everyone's point is different (and for me, I find it varies based on what I'm doing).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

:)Thanks for reminding me of that point krisanne,

They spent an enormous amount of time, running drills, vidieos, pre-planning, post debriefing, and then they stop in the middle of things to run dry sessions and more debriefing,...

I had never seen that much investment in time before!!

Plus everyone left with a pile of Dvd's ...
C
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

The most money saving strategy is a huck jam.
I actually just returned from one I've organized - 14 flyers done 2 hrs of constant flying.

But, there are reqirements
- everyone should be very solid in what they do. This is bad idea to try something completely new with 5 guys around.
- discipline - both in safety and timemanagement. Everyone likes to fly, so everyone should fly equal time
- good Captains - guys who know level of all participants and able to offer everyone some interesting stuff.

For example, today we had like 6 good head-up flyers, couple of basic HD flyers and 6 guys who could go dynamic. So most of the flying was 4-way dynamic, lots of fast head-up, carving. Also we have huge 12-way sit formation and rolled 4-way HU to HD in dock :)

In average, each flyer payed for 8 minutes and flies about 40 minutes - goooood deal!

The most money saving strategy is a huck jam.

For fun - yes, for training skills - very, very depends on actual skills level, flyplans and luck... IMHO it's may be cool additional, not expensive part of a long plan training program but defenetly not to fix about)
Why drink and drive, if you can smoke and fly?