A1CSpooky

Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel?

skycat

Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)

I just can't get away from that guy!
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

Vallerina

***Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)

I'd put a restraining order on him if I were you. :|
Remster

Remster

******Two of the three planned tunnels have broken ground. They are still in the concrete/steel stage. My guess would be Spring, based on when DV thinks he will be heading up there. (So not official or anything)

I'd put a restraining order on him if I were you. :|

Like that would work.

I swung by yesterday, and I'm happy that without traffic, it's just a 25 minute drive for me! Attached the pic I snapped while doing my happy dance.
There's a thin line between Saturday night and Sunday morning

I don't know anything anyone else doesn't, but here's a status update from their FaceBook:

https://www.facebook.com/iFLYChicag

It says:

"We anticipate accepting reservations mid-to-late May but are not exactly sure of the IT installment schedule yet. We will keep you posted here on facebook...."

If they're waiting on IT, my guess would be at least two years :)
Chance favors the prepared mind.

They are balancing the fans in Rosemont on Monday, commissioning will be soon after that. I will post when DV tells me the fans are turning, but it is very soon. I think they are shooting for a mid-may opening date.
Fly it like you stole it!

skycat

They are balancing the fans in Rosemont on Monday, commissioning will be soon after that. I will post when DV tells me the fans are turning, but it is very soon. I think they are shooting for a mid-may opening date.

May is highly unlikely, June is more realistic. Capture from their website attached.

http://www.rosemont.com/ifly-skydiving-update/
You will never be more alive than you are the instant you let go!

I just called the Rosemont iFly and inquired about their specs. Rosemont and Naperville are both 14 footers. The person I spoke to did not know the horsepower, but she said she thought they were both capable of 170mph.

It's plenty fast.

:)

[inline 10339486_10152158831873940_5053628637333009001_o.jpg]
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka