A1CSpooky

Any rumors on a Chicago tunnel?

Heard from the CEO of Skyventure that it's on the list. Dallas is the next tunnel to be built. I don't know what the order is but the Chicago tunnel is in the list of the next 4 tunnels to be built.

Being in the market, I can't fathom why they are waiting - and waiting this long.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I don't know the answer to that, but if I had to guess, it's probably due to the logistics of building the tunnels. From what I was told the funding has been secured and they are now in the planning and building phase with the Austin tunnel as the first one and Dallas second on the list of locations. The said what the order was for the next four but I don't remember it. Next four are Dallas, Chicago, New York and Houston. Not in that order.

All was really paying attention to was the new tunnel that is supposed to be built in Dallas.

Why yes I heard one today....

Rosemont Making Room For Skydive Building At Park

Plans call for the village to construct a new building north of the existing Hofbrauhaus structure and south of Muvico where the iFly experience will be located. A turbine will be installed 15-ft. underground that will blow wind vertically to provide lift for skydivers inside the building. iFly will pay the village $100,000 per year to lease the building with 3% increases every five years.

http://www.journal-topics.com/news/article_19530642-7baa-11e2-b4f7-0019bb30f31a.html
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I am suspect of the development of this tunnel. I was informed by a very reliable source (iFly person) that ground was broken on this project a few months ago only to find out it really wasn't. Now the story is there is some kind of lease issue. Like the Austin tunnel I will believe it when I see it.