jtfreefly

Anyone flown w niklas Daniel

Does anyone know much about niklas daniel and axis flight school? I'm looking to fly in the tunnel with him the site says 950 an hr for tunnel time and coaching. Any who have flown with him or anyone else good in the area would be appreciated.

THE PRICE IS PRETTY MUCH THE SAME FOR ANY COACH AND TUNNEL TIME PACKAGE.
nICK IS very GOOD, YOU WILL BE FINE WITH HIM.

oops sorry for the caps lock.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I don't remember the exact cost, but I did two sessions (half hour each) with one other guy. I think it was about $225 each per session. I was also there to do the water training for my B license, some canopy coaching, and the maneuvers for the C license.

I sent him an email for what I needed and when I would be there and he got back to me within 15 minutes. I think if you talk to him directly he might be able to do better rates than the tunnel publishes, but don't quote me on that.

Does anyone know much about niklas daniel and axis flight school? I'm looking to fly in the tunnel with him the site says 950 an hr for tunnel time and coaching. Any who have flown with him or anyone else good in the area would be appreciated.

The cost for an hour in Eloy is $750 ( must be flown in one day) and coaching is $200 per hour. Any of the local tunnel rats (and AXIS I believe) can get this rate for any amount of time you would like to fly. Basically you can do coaching in the Eloy tunnel for just under $16/min for any amount of time you book.

EDITED to add: The only way to get a better tunnel rate is to arrange 20 hours over 10 days (obviously you will need some friends to do this) and the discount is not significant. If you can afford this kind of tunnel time on your own, I would head to Utah and get some block time with Dusty Hanks or Davy Manning.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

The cost for an hour in Eloy is $750 ( must be flown in one day) and coaching is $200 per hour. Any of the local tunnel rats (and AXIS I believe) can get this rate for any amount of time you would like to fly. Basically you can do coaching in the Eloy tunnel for just under $16/min for any amount of time you book.

EDITED to add: The only way to get a better tunnel rate is to arrange 20 hours over 10 days (obviously you will need some friends to do this) and the discount is not significant. If you can afford this kind of tunnel time on your own, I would head to Utah and get some block time with Dusty Hanks or Davy Manning.

The discount IS VERY MUCH significant. The rate for 20hr in 10 days is $650 per hour tunnel time that's $100 per hour saving, I find that significant.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

What I meant to say is that it isn't worth my time to organize 20 hours of tunnel time (and I certainly cannot fly 20 hours in 10 days, much less afford it) for the discount.
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Like others have said...seems pretty std. In Orlando we seem to average about 225-240 per 15 mins depending on who is coaching. The off-peak (basically 930pm until after midnight) is 645 an hour coaching runs about 200 / hr. peak time is ~800. Discounted late blocks start after you purchase 5 hrs a month.

So, pretty standard rates. Go have fun.!

What I meant to say is that it isn't worth my time to organize 20 hours of tunnel time (and I certainly cannot fly 20 hours in 10 days, much less afford it) for the discount.

:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:you can have more than one person using the 20 hours;) Im currently organising 4 people hours through the tunnel so that we ALL get the discount price, for my 6 hours i save $600, that well worth a little time organising a few emails:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?