pistonhead

First time at a tunnel . Any advice

I plan on visiting SkyVenture NH this September. I have 13 jumps and my primary objective is to have fun and to fix a spin:)
I am led to understand that having coach time at the tunnel is best . Are there any recommendations as far as coaches in the area that I can work with ?
I appreciate any input !!

I plan on visiting SkyVenture NH this September. I have 13 jumps and my primary objective is to have fun and to fix a spin:)
I am led to understand that having coach time at the tunnel is best . Are there any recommendations as far as coaches in the area that I can work with ?

Best bet is to call the tunnel and ask them their recommendations. Explain what you have going on and what you want to work on and they will sort it out best for you and them.

The tunnel is cool, have fun! :)
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

If you spend a significant amount of time in the tunnel the first time.... I would recommend having a good supply of Tylenol Extra Strength on hand... It is amazing how many new muscles you will have telling you that you need to be in better shape:ph34r:

I fly at SKyventure NH all the time. I would say that at 13 jumps you could get everything you need out of the tunnel instructors there. Just tell them where you are in your learning progression and what your goals are.

Joe Winters there is one of the better coaches, Also if you jump at Jumptown or Skydive New England both have weekly trips to the tunnel that include coaching.

hope that helps, have fun, I was in there last night. Good times.

Before you start popping pills, let's ask how old you are?
What shape are you in?

if youre young and in good shape you'll do fine.
Yes, you will have some sore muscles but nothing more than a good workout.

If you book your time wisely, you will have breaks in between your sessions. In other words, you shouldn't be in the wind for 30 minutes at one time.:D

Your coach can help you with that. As suggested call the tunnel and speak to a coach. Joe Winters was suggested. But if he isn't available don't be afraid to work with someone else. Even a newer tunnel coach should be able to help you at your level.

My photos

My Videos

Thanks everyone !

I was informed that since I was flying solo , going with a coach group would both, allow me to share time with a group as well as save some $.
I plan of spending some time on the weekend of Sep 22nd up in NH !

I am 31, rather fit ( i rock climb and race mountain bikes and participate in the Xterra )

I am stoked !

Thanks everyone !

I am 31, rather fit ( i rock climb and race mountain bikes and participate in the Xterra )

I do not think you'll need a medicine
Good stretching and real intensive warm-up are the keys.

You will feel your body afterwards, that's for sure; but it shouldn't be like you can't go on without painkillers.

All the coaches there are very helpful and will work on anything with you that you need help with.

Check for certain Thursday specials. Every couple weeks or so they'll have a 10 minute deal for $99. And yes, there's a group going from SNE every Thursday, for just a little more.

Hi, I guess my posting is probably a bit late now, but I would like to share my tunnel experiences.

In the last 12 months I have been to the tunnel in Milton Keynes, Orlando, Denver and back to Orlando. Over this time I have accumulated about 120 jumps and my only interest has been RW belly flying.

My early experiences were good, mostly because I had no clue and anything I learned was a bonus, but my last experience was a bit "hit and miss". I split my 30 minutes into 2 slots in the same evening. I am only learning belly flying and the first coach was great, but the second one was a bust.

If I were to do this again I would either get a recommendation for a coach and or hire an external coach.

The cost of tunnel time is too high to risk it being poor value. I think I would have been better off spending the money for the 2nd session at a bar, because only my head would have hurt in the morning. :)
Just my 2 cents worth.