jumpnfrek

The Midwest is ready for a tunnel Investment opportunity

Time to bring a wind tunnel to the Midwest. Looking for investors to help bring this venture to life. Very high tourist traffic equals great profits. Equity will be given within the company with a plan to buy out your percentage after 5 years (negotiable). 50% of funds have been obtained. For more information please email [email protected] for more information and details.

We have had quite a few inquires to the type of tunnel so let me clarify. This is a mobile wind tunnel that will be located in St. Louis, MO. The tunnel does produce 150+ mph wind so head down and sit fly can be achieved. If interested message me or email me at [email protected]

As far as any skydiver is concerned - these tunnels are basically worthless. Guess the hype wasn't worth it. Oh well - let's keep carrying on w/o anything reasonable here in the midwest.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

While I appreciate your feedback, the tunnel isn't marketed towards skydivers, however many skydivers have found this particular tunnel very worthwhile at its current location and utilized often (hence the ability to fly head down and sit). The idea is to get the tourist traffic of the area as well as those who wish to experience free fall but not ready to jump from a plane, much like current fixed tunnels. The current operation has generated a substantial amount of cash flow and is upgrading to a more advanced tunnel, which is the whole idea, sometimes you have to start small. Build the business model, show it works and there is interest and move up. Thanks for your input though.

While I appreciate your feedback, the tunnel isn't marketed towards skydivers, however many skydivers have found this particular tunnel very worthwhile at its current location and utilized often (hence the ability to fly head down and sit). The idea is to get the tourist traffic of the area as well as those who wish to experience free fall but not ready to jump from a plane, much like current fixed tunnels. The current operation has generated a substantial amount of cash flow and is upgrading to a more advanced tunnel, which is the whole idea, sometimes you have to start small. Build the business model, show it works and there is interest and move up. Thanks for your input though.

Yeah sorry. I guess I am still just frustrated with having to get on a plane to get anywhere with any sort of reasonable training option for wind tunnels.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

Its quite obvious that a real, indoor, year round, skydiver quality tunnel is needed in the midwest.

Suburban Chicago with its massive population and two DZ's with pac's, otters, caravans and regular fests have the experienced skydiver base with a need. St Louis is too small as is Indianapolis, and too far from a large enough population with disposable cash to keep a large and profitable tunnel busy.

The project needs to be broken into parts to be viable; the land, the tunnel/ franchise and the labor force. With one corporation managing those parts it would have an extremely good chance of quick success. Fortunately, land is still in a depressed price state, the franchise is not negotiated and the personnel have an excellent training program, already. So, now is the time. A full dual tunnel plan, building a 4meter/ 12' immediately and plans to build its big brother 5.5meter/ 16' pro big way/ event tunnel would be the franchise needed. This plan would leave the 3meter/ 10' tunnel franchise for the downtown Chicago area, similar to Hollywood for tourists and intro to the sport.

This is what the Midwest needs !

I hope these concepts are taken positively as it points toward a practical business plan, not to disrespect any city.
Anyone can swim, only a few swim well.
Anyone can skydive, everyone can skydive well. Practice!

I agree 100% for the need for a year round tunnel. The unfortunate thing is the cost involved in building a tunnel of this nature is enormous. At this point the sport of body flight and indoor skydiving is unfamiliar with investors and the public in general, so it’s hard to get the attention of investors outside the skydiving community.
I've been working on this project for over a year with the intent to market towards tourist and non skydivers to prove the concept and this type of recreation is viable.
If all goes well it should kick start the large investors I have "watching" to commit to a larger investment to bring your concept to reality.
The current owner of the tunnel I am looking at has done this exact thing and is now close to breaking ground on a Skyventure tunnel.
It’s just a lot of work and patience to prove the concept and get the investors needed.

Skyventure/iFly has 50 tunnels planned to be built in the next 5 years. Chances are there will be one coming soon near you.

LOL!! No fucking way, I bet they don't build 5 more in the next 5 years. At the current build/run costs there are only so many places a tunnel can survive. I do think Chicago could support a tunnel.