Tebuck

Need Packing class in Southeastern Mass.

Just came back from Sebastion Florida. I'm working on my A licence and all I need is 3 more jumps and a packing class to get it. I'm headed back down next month to get the jumps in and thought maybe I could find someone up here with a rig and some time to give a packing class. I live in Rochester Mass. so traveling a hour or so is not a problem. I am very new to all of this so any info on this subject would be great. Have a great day !!!

Just came back from Sebastion Florida. I'm working on my A licence and all I need is 3 more jumps and a packing class to get it. I'm headed back down next month to get the jumps in and thought maybe I could find someone up here with a rig and some time to give a packing class. I live in Rochester Mass. so traveling a hour or so is not a problem. I am very new to all of this so any info on this subject would be great. Have a great day !!!

If you can't find anyone close you should give a dz close by a call.

http://www.dropzone.com/dropzone/North_America/United_States/Massachusetts/index.html

I'm headed back down next month to get the jumps in

Maybe the winds won't be so high and they won't stay on C-License holds all day!:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Mapquest the drive to CPI located in Ellington CT... skydivect.com.

We are open Saturday and Sunday all winter long, weather permiting.

Depending on coach availability we may be able to get you the remaining 3 jumps, and I am sure enough people will be around to give some packing pointers.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

if you click on the coaching in the video section, PD's Nick Grillet has a pretty good 3 part series on how to pack.

if that doesnt work, drive down to cpi next weekend, buy me a jump, and ill teach you how to pack.

Buy you a jump? Thats a little greedy IMHOP I believe teaching packing should be free, it doesn't take very long...

hell i just asked around the old timers and one of them in time taught me three different methods.
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

if you click on the coaching in the video section, PD's Nick Grillet has a pretty good 3 part series on how to pack.

if that doesnt work, drive down to cpi next weekend, buy me a jump, and ill teach you how to pack.

Buy you a jump? Thats a little greedy IMHOP I believe teaching packing should be free, it doesn't take very long...

hell i just asked around the old timers and one of them in time taught me three different methods.

Instructors and riggers have invested atleast a bunch of time and money into learning what they know... I've seen packing classes cost alot more than a lift ticket, and I've seen some free ones.

But then again, I don't generally charge for a coach jump or helping someone out. Thats just me.

Don't like the system? Go get your ratings and tickets, and then do it all for free.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly

Instructors and riggers have invested atleast a bunch of time and money into learning what they know... I've seen packing classes cost alot more than a lift ticket, and I've seen some free ones.

But then again, I don't generally charge for a coach jump or helping someone out. Thats just me.

Don't like the system? Go get your ratings and tickets, and then do it all for free.

i never said i didn't like the system.... buy a jump is not part of the "system"
Look out for the freefly team, Smelly Peppers. Once we get a couple years more experience we will be a force to be reckoned with in the near future! BLUES!

i never said i didn't like the system.... buy a jump is not part of the "system"

No, its a $20ish packing class placed on your account. :P

do not, I repeat, DO NOT let this guy teach you how to pack. EVER!!! ;):P:D
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

your parachute seems to be opening fine!

This is a classic example f why I don't like AFF in a week type programs. (Not saying you did that... But it sure seems like it).

If you were a local jumper, you would have plenty of options to learn how to pack AND know the right people to ask.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Ding ding. Maybe this is a bad analogy but getting your training locally is like buying a product like a experince camera from a small family owned operation instead of a big box store.

They may not have the discount that Walmart can offer, and they may have to special order, but they will offer ongoing support that is unmatched.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Never mind, I apparetly asked for help in wrong places, but thanks for responding.

No, but your plight highlights an issue with these types of training courses.

Most people will be willing to help you out, but now you have to find them as opposed to already knowing who they are.

Plus, any program like a "One week to 'A'" course should include packing....
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

your parachute seems to be opening fine!

Fair enough I'll give you that!
Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, all used up, and loudly proclaiming: Wow, what a ride!

+ 100
One Jump Wonder

No, but your plight highlights an issue with these types of training courses.
Plus, any program like a "One week to 'A'" course should include packing....

+1
My first though reading the OP was,
"What? They haven't taught him packing yet? Has he even asked. What is going on at his home DZ that he has to come here to ask about packing?"

And hell yeah...packing is a sign-off line item for the A-license. And for all of the AFFIs that cheat on the sign-offs, note that it says for Cat G "One Complete pack job without assistance."

To the OP

Sorry you are having to this route. But yeah, try the nearest DZ or the one that invited you. Surely someone will help you.

Unsolicited advice:
The SIM says one pack job.
You are not going to really learn how to pack well until you do a number of pack jobs. Please, for your own benefit, learn to pack well. It's more than just a one-time sign-off activity.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

What? Are you trying to hose my "cash" cow?
For years I gave it out free just for the satisfaction of watching the youngsters progress. It finally dawned on me, "Hey fool. You could be making a killing here on top of the job satisfaction!"

So, I now charge for packing lessons.
1 16 OZ Coca Cola and we're off wrestling nylon on the mat.
:D:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239