milehigheric

First time at the tunnel...where to start?

Im travelling to Singapore in a couple of months and I thought I may as well visit iFly while im there to see what all the fuss is about. Im an A licensed skydiver and without blowing my own horn I feel capable with basic belly down body flight. Im working through B-rels now (Australia) and although im not having any dramas up there I was hoping the tunnel could help improve my skydiving in some form .

My question is how do people with skydive experience start off in the tunnel? Do we start from 'page one' or will the instructor be able see what we know and start from page 4 if you know what I mean. It seems (from their website) as if all first timers have to go through the first timers package and Im just wondering if this is set curriculum or what?

The instructor should be able to figure it out. They'll probably quickly run through the basics just to make sure but after that you're golden. Just talk to the instructor before you get in and let him know what your experience level is and what you'd like to work on.

Im travelling to Singapore in a couple of months and I thought I may as well visit iFly while im there to see what all the fuss is about. Im an A licensed skydiver and without blowing my own horn I feel capable with basic belly down body flight. Im working through B-rels now (Australia) and although im not having any dramas up there I was hoping the tunnel could help improve my skydiving in some form .

My question is how do people with skydive experience start off in the tunnel? Do we start from 'page one' or will the instructor be able see what we know and start from page 4 if you know what I mean. It seems (from their website) as if all first timers have to go through the first timers package and Im just wondering if this is set curriculum or what?

the answers here will be the same as the ones you got on the Aussie forum.

You dont need Tommy or Kris for your level. the Expense is not warranted.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Na that was me squeak but pretty much an identical post to mine

Oh Bugger in that case sorry Eric:)
You will need to start from the start in the tunnel.
It is NOT skydiving and you need to walk before you run in there.
But you do not need a Level 4 coach (Tommy and Kris), the level 1,2 &3 coaches are more than capable of teaching you the first couple of hours. and They are considerably cheaper than the level 4 coaches.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?