artard

Google Distractions

Lately my biggest issue in the wind tunnel has been my goggles impairing my vision and distracting me. If they aren't fogging up they're flapping or moving around my face so I can barely see. I never really had issues with it until I started flying sit/head down at high wind speeds, ie above 85%. I've tried different kinds of goggles, taping them up and strapping them on as tight as they go and it never seems to last more than a minute before my vision goes to shit again.

Case in point, last night I was flying head down after having just re-adjusted my goggles/helmet and could see everything crystal clear for the first minute and was flying much better as a result. As soon as I bailed to sit and then went back to head down the position of my goggles had shifted and I was back to barely seeing anything, and the quality and confidence of my flying went back down as well.

The problem is bad enough that I'm considering buying a G3 (even though I don't really want a closed-face helmet) just to fix my visibility/distraction problems. Has anyone dealt with issues like this before, and did you have a less-expensive solution than buying a new helmet?
http://www.mixcloud.com/prajna
http://vimeo.com/avidya

the best goggles i've found are kroops (http://www.kroopsgoggles.com/), dont get the aluminum vents though, most tunnels wont allow them.

It also helps to have a helmet that can help lock the goggles in a bit. protecs seem to actually be good at this in the sense that they dont allow wind to be directly hitting the base of the goggles while head down, and while in a sit, the helmet comes flush to the top of the goggles, keeping them from moving up.

As you're clearly doing advanced flying I'd recommend a full face helmet, particularly if you are flying with others, simply from a safety perspective.

I made the change a couple of years ago and since then I've been hit in the face maybe 2-3 times. Once was hard enough that with an open face helmet I probably would have sustained a broken nose. With a full face, no injury!

Ok you guys convinced me, I just ordered a G3 from chutingstar. Ebusto, unfortunately I was already using kroop googles and not having any success with them.

You know I don't think google is very good at keeping the wind out your face. Try goggles they tend to work better:)
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.