BigBUG

Slow Tunnel Tricks

Hi everyone,

We have a small (2.4 m dia) and quite slow (about 180-190 kph) diesel-drived windtunnel, built for amusement park. It is Ok for belly fly and back fly for a guy like me (185 cm and 92 kg) in a baggy suit.

I work there as a part time instructor (it is great fun and good vibes anyway) so I thing maybe someone could come with some interesting or funny tricks ideas which we could learn and try.

What we already leraned are belly/back transitions (all, front flip is quite risky so I do not like it), some 'booties' flying, back layout through HD to belly with some wall support, wall walking. We are wery eager to try something else and something new and to get maximum of this possibility.

Thanks in advance, any ideas are greatly appreciated!

Out of curiosity, why is a front flip dangerous? Is it lack of space? I would have thought a back layout was more risky.

Have you tried 'dozing off'? On your back with legs crossed and hands behind head. Semi on your side with arms pillowing head. And if you can get enough lift, there's the T - like bellyflying but with one leg vertical.
Anne

it i built here in Russia, driven by 500 hp intercooled diezel from truck.

here is some old video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpogQiFbUVM&feature=autoplay&list=UUX9g9dwLd3ROcUWXR2-bNNw&lf=plcp&playnext=1

now its maybe 10% more powerful, have elastic wire net and the diameter is reduced so we do not have this scary no-wind zone at the walls. The guys who built it initially knows very little about windtunnels and how to make them safe :)

why is a front flip dangerous? Is it lack of space? I would have thought a back layout was more risky.

Yeah, I could do it but there is not enough lift to keep me up if I do it 'tight' and there is not enough room to do it more layout-like. When you do it backward you could just push yourself off the wall by arms and be sure you not land on you head (I did it once, did not like it :) )

if you can get enough lift, there's the T - like bellyflying but with one leg vertical.

not enough lift for it, at least for me :(
maybe I am doing it wrong, but I go down in T position very fast.

Thanks!