ludikris

fixing leg issues / stability

Im a noob ... just went to the tunnel for the first time for 20 mins... realized my head and legs and misinforming eachother... basically... what feels parallel to me in my head does not mean my legs are.... in fact... I would feel my legs bent evenly but watch the video and one was straight and the other bent... I NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP..!

just wondering what any of you did to fix similar issues... I also thought about unorthodox ways to fix issues like this... and considering flight is easier to maintain with windspeed but obviously they need to lower the speed so i dont hurt myself....I thought about a jumpsuit with a hook at my mid section that could attach to the floor as an anchor allowing them to turn up the windspeed so I can work on my stability similar to a real skydive at full speed...

jumpsuit with a hook at my mid section that could attach to the floor as an anchor allowing them to turn up the windspeed so I can work on my stability similar to a real skydive at full speed...

If uneven legs is your problem, I think that might turn you into a human pinwheel...:)
And the tunnel should be "full speed" for your personal terminal velocity already if it is holding you off the grid in a normal body position.

One common method to check leg evenness is to do a heel tap, or bring both legs together side by side, so you actually can feel where they are relative to each other.

Leg unevenness can also happen because when someone tries to move their upper body or arms for a turn, they apply all sorts of unneeded twisting muscle action in the lower body. The lower body has to be kept still if one is practicing only upper body turns. That's a matter of technique, that can be practiced both outside the tunnel (lying on the ground) and in the tunnel.

In a tunnel one can also get a coach to keep repositioning one's legs or other parts of the body, if they aren't in the right spot.

(If you are a Toronto area PST jumper I assume you went to the Montreal tunnel.)

Like elightle says, looking at your reflection can help. Also, if you're working with a coach, are they moving your limbs to the right position? That sort of physical feedback can help you realise where your limbs are. If you don't already have a coach, worth arranging a couple of coached sessions. And it may help to concentrate on feeling the wind - if it's pushing you one way you need to do something to offset that.

But coaching is likely to be the most effective, as a coach will see and understand things that you wouldn't notice while you're learning.
Anne

....I thought about a jumpsuit with a hook at my mid section that could attach to the floor as an anchor allowing them to turn up the windspeed so I can work on my stability similar to a real skydive at full speed...

I seriously doubt any tunnel would allow you to do this. I could see this easily causing you injury if you were to get unstable and spin around getting it entangled around your arms or legs.

Im a noob ... just went to the tunnel for the first time for 20 mins... realized my head and legs and misinforming eachother... basically... what feels parallel to me in my head does not mean my legs are.... in fact... I would feel my legs bent evenly but watch the video and one was straight and the other bent... I NEED TO FIX THIS ASAP..!

just wondering what any of you did to fix similar issues... I also thought about unorthodox ways to fix issues like this... and considering flight is easier to maintain with windspeed but obviously they need to lower the speed so i dont hurt myself....I thought about a jumpsuit with a hook at my mid section that could attach to the floor as an anchor allowing them to turn up the windspeed so I can work on my stability similar to a real skydive at full speed...

Have you tried spreading your legs? :)
I had a similar problem because my legs were too close together. Didn't have a balance and one leg was never in sync with the rest of the movement.

Put a little more space (spread), and it somehow fixed the whole problem.

Anyway, just my experience.

Have you tried spreading your legs? :)
I had a similar problem because my legs were too close together. Didn't have a balance and one leg was never in sync with the rest of the movement.

Put a little more space (spread), and it somehow fixed the whole problem.

Anyway, just my experience.

as long as you get them back to shoulder width or narrower eventually

wide knees tend to result in de arch through the hips - that's bad

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants