Rstanley0312

Denver Tunnel

Looking for feedback on it. I assume it is a good tunnel but just wanted anyone who has an opinion to share it. I will be in Orlando at the tunnel at the end of the month then home for a couple of days then off to Denver for other business. I was thinking about hitting up the tunnel there too. Also, on the website it looks like they do not have smaller blocks just hour blocks for skydivers. Is this right? I tried to call yesterday but no answer.

Thanks
Rob
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com

I have spent the majority of my tunnel time at Denver and I think they have a great group of instructors there. You can buy tunnel time in smaller blocks. On their website it says you can buy time by the minute at 15 dollars a minute. If you continue to have trouble getting in touch with someone there I can contact the marketing person there for you and get you set up.

I have about four hours in the Denver tunnel. Loved it! I scheduled tunnel time through my instructor which is really the best way to go IMO. I did 15 minutes at a pop once a week. My instructor recommended 10 to 15 minutes for each session. I thought everyone there was fantastic and some of the instructors post on here so if you don't hear from one of them PM and I can send you the contact info for the coach I worked with. I could definitely see the difference when I jumped.

Thanks John.... already did before I posted this.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.

I have spent the majority of my tunnel time at Denver and I think they have a great group of instructors there. You can buy tunnel time in smaller blocks. On their website it says you can buy time by the minute at 15 dollars a minute. If you continue to have trouble getting in touch with someone there I can contact the marketing person there for you and get you set up.

Thank you! I appreciate that. I am going to try and call them again and try to snag a good free fly coach.

clean air, excellent staff and coaching available, nice location,

they've taken good care of my camps for the last 10 years and I can't say enough positive things about this operation

all around great freeflying coaching, for belly only there's a couple people I'd specifically recommend to try and schedule with

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

clean air, excellent staff and coaching available, nice location,

they've taken good care of my camps for the last 10 years and I can't say enough positive things about this operation

all around great freeflying coaching, for belly only there's a couple people I'd specifically recommend to try and schedule with

I called a coach. He actually messaged me just to let me know what to click for coach info. Now I am just waiting to hear back from him. If they have slots open this will work out well because the Marriott I am staying at is on the same road about 4 min. away. I did not even plan it. B|

Awesome!

I will be there this weekend for the Mountain State Boogie, it's a tunnel boogie.

Nice.... I have been emailing the coach and he is setting me up for Mon. & Tues. night. :) The 1st & 2nd

Which coaches would you recommend for belly flying?

I need to caviat that - all the coaches I've met and flown with are great in every orientation. So this means specifically coaches that focus on mantis/comp type flying - there are a couple there that can compete at the pro level in 4way IMO (you should see Rusty flying 4-way - wow). the others can also teach those camps as well. call and ask, the staff changes, but they can let you know who's appropriate for the level you are currently at.

at 17 jumps (your profile) you can't go wrong with any of the instructors.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

So far I've done three 10-min sessions at SVCO (each time with a different coach). At 17, jumps I realize that I'm not working on anything advanced enough to need a specific coach. I have noticed a slight discrepancy in the quality of the coaching, though. All the coaches I've worked with are obviously very skilled fliers, but they definitely don't seem to be equally skilled at the art of coaching. Last time, while in the tunnel, I had a tough time figuring out what the coach was trying to tell me. That's why I was curious if you recommended a specific coach.

I'll probably just keep trying new coaches until I find the best fit for me.

I have about 40 min at SVCO, though all of it was just under general sessions (not coaching sessions, which I'll be starting next month now that my credit cards are paid off)

I was doing 6 min sessions and all of them have been with different coaches. Out of all of them there are 2 that I will be scheduling time with, just seemed to learn more with them then any of the others with the little coaching they are allowed to do in a general session.

I had the chance to spend a few hours there this spring watching and did 45 minutes myself and two of the instructors there were just exceptional with people and all could fly. Derek V. manages the place and he treats you like an old friend. He coached me and I can honestly say it was all good. Kiwi Hamilton from New Zealand is there as well and what a great guy he is as well. I watched him working with several folks and was really taken by the positive attitude and real professional way they handle cuntomers. Lots of other fantastic flyers there but I only had the chance to really get to know those two but my impression was so good I'll be back there next month. It was worth the flight to Denver hotel and all. Fantastic operation with wonderful staff that really make you feel at home.