Austintxflight

Walkie talkie in the tunnel

Has this been discussed or tried out to any success? I know its used in AFF courses for canopy piloting, I would think a good 1 or even 2 way communicative system could really help the efficiency coaching, as instead of signals you could get exact actionable feedback that you could use in that session right on the spot.

I would think the costs would be low to retrofit some helmets with radio receivers and have tranmitters for the instructors.

what does everyone thinks of this?

Sometimers when I'm on my back, i really dont get what the instrcutor is telling me to do, it might be easier with words.

Has anyone ever tried it?

Pros and cons?

http://www.raredynamic.com/

Sometimers when I'm on my back, i really dont get what the instrcutor is telling me to do, it might be easier with words.

Having used the systems and seen many use them you need to remember that it's almost useless to have a conversation while you're trying to fly. For maximum effectiveness a complete briefing of the lesson before hand is critical to it's success. The air to air communication system is a benefit only when used for simple one or two work reminder or commands. More than that the student stops flying while they listen and that's a major waste of time.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.