HeadDownGirl

USA tunnel+dropzone

I know there are many skydivers from Usa and I believe you could answer my question :) in summer, i am planning a trip to USA. A wind-tunnel trip, to be precise. So i need to know, where are the cheapest tunnels with, if possible, a dropzone near. And where in USA the jumps are the cheapest? Or if you just give me a few prices and locations. I guess you want to know why i am looking for the cheapest version- i am a student, i have to pay school, dormitory etc. and am a passionate skydiver too :) so, hope you could help. Blue skies to all :)

The only 2 DZs with a tunnel on the premises are Perris and Eloy.

I've jumped and flown and both, and prefer Eloy, tho Perris is a great combo too (the tunnel at Perris is smaller, and its hours are a bit weird, or at least they were).

This being said, most of the modern tunnels have a DZ kinda close (1h, 1-1/2h ish).

Prices: you pay peanuts, you get monkeys.
Remster

iFly Utah is very close to Skydive Ogden. They also have one of the best deals going on tunnel time depending what you are after. It is a smaller tunnel than Eloy (12 foot vs 14 foot) but for 1 on 1 training it is fine.

http://www.iflyutah.com/

Edited to add: Most of my tunnel time is at Eloy because it is close and the staff are some of the best instructors on Earth.

http://www.skyventureaz.com/Staff/Default.aspx
Blue Skies, Soft Docks and Happy Landings!
CWR #23
(It's called CRW, add an e if you like, but I ain't calling it CFS. FU FAI!)

Does your DZ.com name indicate the kind of flying you like to do (freefly)? If so, I'd recommend Eloy over Perris. Most people would be challenged to do static head down flying in Perris - Eloy has significantly more powerful fans and is much better for learning the freefly positions.

Price-wise I think it will be hard to beat the combo of Lodi and iFly in Union City (Bay Area).

13$/jump if you buy 50 (if not, 15$/jump, 5$ to 3000 feet) and 515$/hour in the tunnel if you fly twilight hours (at least thats what I paid a couple of months ago).. coaching is extra of course, but you can easily find world class coaches in Lodi, Stephanie Soria or TJ to name a couple. This way you can maximize and do coached jumps as well if you like..

tunnel at night and Lodi during the day is an unbeatable combo!

if you wanna spice it up a little, you can always find other DZs in the Bay Area to combine with the location of the iFly SF Bay..

Alex.

that's if you value saving $ over your safety.
Since "cheap" Lodi prices are suggested, the person should be aware that the DZ has been fined 2 times recently by the FAA (hundreds thousands of $ - likely under appeal now) for incomplete maintenance on their aircrafts.
They are allegedly known to cut corners.

I'd vote for Eloy. Nice 14ft funnel and a great 24/7 dz with multiple aircrafts.

Price-wise I think it will be hard to beat the combo of Lodi and iFly in Union City (Bay Area).

13$/jump if you buy 50 (if not, 15$/jump, 5$ to 3000 feet) and 515$/hour in the tunnel if you fly twilight hours (at least thats what I paid a couple of months ago).. coaching is extra of course, but you can easily find world class coaches in Lodi, Stephanie Soria or TJ to name a couple. This way you can maximize and do coached jumps as well if you like..

tunnel at night and Lodi during the day is an unbeatable combo!

if you wanna spice it up a little, you can always find other DZs in the Bay Area to combine with the location of the iFly SF Bay..

Alex.

The tunnel in Nashua, NH is a 15 min drive from Pepperell, MA...and Skyventure NH might be cheaper b/c it's a little smaller @ 12' diameter

http://www.skyventurenh.com/
http://www.skyjump.com/

Both are close to Boston & it will save you the additional continent crossing of going to the west coast.

Pepperell is nice in the summer too. Close to good camping in NH and the beach.