haze2

Tunnel Time as Xmas gift?

I'm not a skydiver (yet), but I would like to purchase some tunnel time for my son for Christmas. He has a D license and jumps at Skydive AZ and I need to know what would be an appropriate amount of time. I don't want to break the bank, but I want to get him enough to insure the time is productive. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm not a skydiver (yet), but I would like to purchase some tunnel time for my son for Christmas. He has a D license and jumps at Skydive AZ and I need to know what would be an appropriate amount of time. I don't want to break the bank, but I want to get him enough to insure the time is productive. Any suggestions? Thanks!

One hour. with coach is aprox $950-$1100 depending on coach.

1hour would be minimum i would want for a D licenced jumper
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Its a gift, buy what you can easily afford and it will be enough.

15 mins can do wonders for a lot of people. And much more than 15mins might be too much for someone who does not have a lot of tunnel.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Please do NOT feel as though you have to buy an hour. Most skydivers, "D" license or not, do not get the chance to fly that much tunnel time at once.

Any amount of time, that you can afford would be a wonderful gift, even 5, 10 or 15 minutes. I used to work at a tunnel, and 10-15 minute sessions are just fine for most jumpers to see a good amount of improvement. (Non-jumper gifts would be 2-4 minute sessions.) Most jumpers would feel happy with a 15 minute session, so I'd recommend that, but only if it's affordable for you. If you can buy more, that's great.

I'm sure that your son will be thrilled with any amount, and that he'll feel happy that you support his passion. Happy holidays! :)

Thanks for you insight Rosa. It seems most everyone I've spoken with agrees that an hour is not necessary. After all, this is a gift, not a financial endowment. My son has been hounding me to learn to skydive so I think I'm going to buy 30- minutes and we will share it with 15-minutes each. I suspect he'll be thrilled with the gift.

Thanks for you insight Rosa. It seems most everyone I've spoken with agrees that an hour is not necessary. After all, this is a gift, not a financial endowment. My son has been hounding me to learn to skydive so I think I'm going to buy 30- minutes and we will share it with 15-minutes each. I suspect he'll be thrilled with the gift.

Sharing the 1/2 hour with him will be a fantastic way for you two to bond, which adds greatly to the gift! Your son will love it. It sounds like the perfect gift to me. I hope that you both enjoy it, and have a wonderful Christmas! :)