KollegeKay

Florida area - Indoor Skydiving?

Greetings!

I was wondering what is the going rate for wind tunnel time? What if I am traveling alone for my trip... do they require groups?

Also, could anyone tell me between DeLand, Skydive Sebastian, and Skydive City/Z-Hills if they have a wind tunnel? I checked their websites and didn't see information, but someone told me that Z-Hills has one. :| Thanks ahead of time!

~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~ ~*~
---Kollege Kay--,--'-@
Newbie Skydiver

going rate varies from tunnel to tunnel, and when you fly. some places have twilight hours, which allows you to go in after business hours and fly cheaper than if you go in during the day. Friday trough Sunday would normally be more expensive than weekdays as well..

in the area you're talking about you should be able to get to the iFly Orlando fairly easy. It's a 12 feet tunnel where you can easily get the basics of 1:1 coaching done.. not too good for larger groups, though, because of the lack of space. but perfect for 1:1 FS, FF etc..

if you have never flown before, don't get too much time per day, as it is quite tiresome.. you'll come a long way with 15 or 30 minutes.. 15 mins will set you back 215$ during normal operating hours in Orlando.

Coaching is nice, but expensive. if you're a newbie and you're mostly doing belly stuff, you might wanna ask if the spotter in the tunnel can coach you. this way you save some money.. but I would check directly with the tunnel first, and most definitely get some time with the spotter before going in, to explain what you are looking for.. if not you can always find coaches in Deland, ZHills, Sebastian, any DZ who would be willing to take you to the tunnel to coach you.. if you're planing on doing 1:1 coaching jumps, go with the same coach to the tunnel. that way he knows you and you can work on the stuff you wanna do in the air..

Alex.

Direct link to the tunnel, it is in Orlando, which is fairly close to Zhills or DeLand. A bit further from Sebastian.

http://www.iflyorlando.com/ifly-indoor-skydiving

One of the people that sell tunnel time and provide coaching

http://www.tunnelcoach.com/home.php

There are other options, I know some coaches in DeLand that also coach in the tunnel, but they do not have a website.
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Direct link to the tunnel, it is in Orlando, which is fairly close to Zhills or DeLand. A bit further from Sebastian.

http://www.iflyorlando.com/ifly-indoor-skydiving

One of the people that sell tunnel time and provide coaching

Orlando tunnel is the closest to Z-hills but it's still more than an hour away.If Interstate 4 gets crowded it can be even more than that.

http://www.tunnelcoach.com/home.php

There are other options, I know some coaches in DeLand that also coach in the tunnel, but they do not have a website.

Orlando tunnel is the closest to Z-hills but it's still more than an hour away.If Interstate 4 gets crowded it can be even more than that.

When I lived on the DZ in zhills it was 1:20 to the tunnel from zhills.

My wife lived in DeLand when we met. It was about one hour away.

Google maps has
DeLand 49.7 miles 58 mins
Zhills 64.9 miles 1:14
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Zhills doesnt have a tunnel. the only tunnel is the one in orlando about 1.5 hours away. what Zhills does have is awesome coaches & carpools to the tunnel all the time. Martin and Sally are amazing coaches. Martin had me in a sit in 20 minutes & I'm a total belly girl. & they will help find you a ride out to the tunnel if you need one.

you can get more info at http://www.tunnelcoach.com/home.php but you def dont NEED a coach to fly in the tunnel & have it be beneficial it just increases the benefits.

Martin had me in a sit in 20 minutes & I'm a total belly girl.

How long were you on your back with him telling you to spread your legs? 20 mins sounds about right. :D:P
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Orlando tunnel - shitiest tunnel i've ever been and fly. If u have any possibility to chooose anything else - do that ;) (it has 2 doors -> turbulent in this area, not enough powerfull, expensive. If cold outside - super cold inside, if warm outside - tunnel even less powerfull, if rainy outside - you get wet......)

Orlando tunnel - shitiest tunnel i've ever been and fly. If u have any possibility to chooose anything else - do that ;) (it has 2 doors -> turbulent in this area, not enough powerfull, expensive. If cold outside - super cold inside, if warm outside - tunnel even less powerfull, if rainy outside - you get wet......)

everyone is entitled to their opinion ofcourse but that doesnt mean they are an expert or know what they are talking about necessarily.

i have been to the orlando tunnel and there is nothing wrong with it any time of year !
for you it will be perfect.
if you are coming to florida get in touch with martin at tunnelcoach.com and i promise you will not be disappointed. you will get max value for money.

everyone is entitled to their opinion ofcourse but that doesnt mean they are an expert or know what they are talking about necessarily.

when compared to every other Ifly facility, he is dead on target. Orlando was great.... 10 years ago.... Now? its in dire need of a refit.

when compared to every other Ifly facility, he is dead on target. Orlando was great.... 10 years ago.... Now? its in dire need of a refit.

It really depends on the type of flying you want to do. For belly or back, Orlando is fine. If you want to do sit or head-down and you're not light and floaty, you'll want a tunnel with more HP.

Orlando tunnel - shitiest tunnel i've ever been and fly.

That is only because you have not been around before that tunnel.

If u have any possibility to chooose anything else - do that

Nonsense, if you are doing two ways or even most three ways 12 foot is fine.

Yes, it is not as nice as the newer ones. But, most tunnels are better than the person who is flying in it.