sgahlman

First Time Wind Tunnel- Suggestions?

I have the chance to hit the Las Vegas wind tunnel in a little over a week. :S

My husband is going to Vegas for a conference, and since the closest wind tunnel is 15 hours away, I have to take the opportunity when it arises;)

In April, 2012 I will be working towards my A license, and I have 1 1/2 days to play in the wind tunnel while my husband attends conferences. Any suggestions, things to watch for, things to ask for, what to expect?

No worries- I'll get a dvd of my time in the tunnel and share.

Thanks!

Just let the instructor know your going for your license and they might help you a bit more then the other people in your group.

You'll more than likely have to take the instruction course before you go in the tunnel if this is your first time. Its just a quick video and a review of hand signals.

Expect it to wear you out a bit and you might even find yourself a little sore the next day, I know I did. A key thing is just to relax and not fight it. I also find it helps to not think to much about what your trying to do and just do it, if that makes any sense.

But most of all expect to have a blast. I've loved every minute that I've been in the tunnel.

Any suggestions, things to watch for, things to ask for, what to expect?

If you can I'd recommend that you find a coach that works with skydivers before you get there and arrange your tunnel time with the coach. IMO it's a better approach than just showing up and you'll get more out of it.

I did fifteen minutes for my first tunnel session. They break it up into chunks of about 2 and a half minutes each spread over half an hour. It is tiring. Also, I have longer hair and after taking twenty minutes to get all the tangles out after that first session I bought a balaclava to use for all my other sessions. Well worth it! It was never an issue on my jumps, but definitely is in the tunnel.

Enjoy! Sounds like a great excuse to get in some tunnel time!