smurf67

tunnel in N.Carolina

just registered on this site. new to flying. only done tunnel flying. started in Vegas last year, then just did IFLY in singapore (awesome). Total flying time of about 15 minutes to date. Next step is learning to fly on my back. How is the tunnel in North Carolina? Also, what can one do to reduce the cost of this? $1 a second gets to be very expensive.

I'm trying to figure out an affordable way to take my nephew (a marine stationed in N.C.). It's only a two hour drive for him but I'm in Houston, TX. He saw my video from VegasIndoorSkydiving and really wants to try it. So this would be a 2-3 day trip for me and obviously he doesn't have this kind of money to spend, especially if the government continues their nonsense! I'll see what NC has to offer but fear that I won't be able to cover the full price of two. I'm thinking that they have some discounts for servicemen?? On a second note, I really look forward to getting into this sport and eventually get the nerve to jump out of a perfectly good airplane. :)

Tunnel flying isn't cheap and never will be. Cheapest way to do it would be to become a tunnel instructor, however there is lots of competition for such positions and the pay isn't fantastic as for most people it is a labour of love.

You can get some discounts if you buy in bulk (multiples of 30 minutes), but while the price per minute is less, the overall cost is still more.

Paraclete XP is the Tunnel in Raeford, NC. There are no discounts for Military, or Bundles of time, that I'm aware of.

But there are weekly and monthly membership options that might be feasible for you.

Call them and ask what your options are. I'd think a weekly membership would be the best way to go.