AlexJ

Malaysian Tunnel Camp

Hi All,

We have been going to the SkyVenture in Genting, Malaysia for 6 or 7 years now and usually book 40 to 50 hours for our group. The group is always South African jumpers and we go there since it's the cheapest time you can buy and although the tunnel is old and slow (think first Orlando version or current Abu Dhabi version) it's amazing for personal skills for jumpers starting out and for those that need to focus on some of the basics again. We also do basic backflying, transitions and other fun stuff.

Anyway, on our previous trip we met some Australians thee that were interested in joining us if we went again so we thought we would post here when a new trip comes around and open it up to the International community a bit. Our next trip is from 17-21 September and then 22-27. I think we may have some availability left in the first camp. This is based purely on time since we literally purchase all their hours that they have in the day and fly ourselves ragged.

So if anyone out there is interested in hitting up some tunnel time in Malaysia drop me an email at alex at alexjordaan dot com or PM me here and we can chat.

Ciao,
Alex

The KL tower base jump event is the last week of september so I ahve a feeling there will be a bunch of people in the area that might be interested. Even if they aren't interested in the tunnel at least you will have a bunch of crazy friends to party with.

Right now my plans are to be in Malaysia from sept 24th but that may change depending on work.

What is the cost of tunnel going to be?
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Dates for the base event at KL are sept 28 - oct2.

I am still unsure of my travel plans but i might be interested in some cheap tunnel fun.

Is it possible to run 4 way in the tunnel there?
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Dates for the base event at KL are sept 28 - oct2.

I am still unsure of my travel plans but i might be interested in some cheap tunnel fun.

Is it possible to run 4 way in the tunnel there?

4 way would be bloody hard in the KL tower, better off at Singapore for that.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yeah no 4-way at the Malaysian tunnel. It's too underpowered. Purely solo and some 2-way stuff and it's best suited to medium builds. It's not great for bigger or heavier guys. It's not for everyone - but if it works for you then it's a good option to start out with your learning for sure.

i learned to sit fly in that tunnel
although im 65kgs 5'7 and had to wear their baggy suits but it was great fun. i think i spent about 4 hours in there learning lots of flat/back and sit transitions.

having also flown in the new singapore tunnel and also bottrop in germany i can tell you the genting tunnel is very bumpy and slow, but for flat flying and smaller people its great. i would recommend it to beginners who have never flown in a tunnel before so they can learn their tunnel etiquette and tunnel backflying so they can go straight into a bigger tunnel and not waste expensive time learning basics

i met some south africans when i was there, one guy had a prosthetic leg if i remember right not sure if this is the same group?