shah269

The SF tunnel looks SICK!

Went down there once with my kid a few years back. Had a great time . . learned a lot quick. Wish it was easier for me to get to . . its a long drive from Tahoe . . bit much for a day trip

Some tunnel time with a good coach can make a big difference in your flying skills

No tunnel in the NJ/NY area?

zmc
"Whatever the future holds down the road, being true to yourself is something you won't ever regret doing. " - airtwardo

No tunnel in the NJ/NY area?

No not yet...I almost had a team ready to roll and solicit funds to build a 5m tunnel in Hoboken/NJ city overlooking lower Manhattan. But that pesky Xanadu thing is back and well they are suppose to have TWO 2m tunnels. And you just can't compete with that.
:(

Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

No not yet...I almost had a team ready to roll and solicit funds to build a 5m tunnel in Hoboken/NJ city overlooking lower Manhattan. But that pesky Xanadu thing is back and well they are suppose to have TWO 2m tunnels. And you just can't compete with that.
:(

Pssst....build one in Chicago?

I think that's currently dormant, and needs some team of investors to push the interest forward. Skydive Chicago looked into it, and thought it wasn't touristy enough of a market. But Chicago over the last 10 years have become a much more interesting tourist destination (study it up; you'll see) and we're wanting to visit Chicago in the next year or so, just solely for the tourist aspect (After having dismissing the city for so long as a washed-over destination). And it is not too terrible -- it's a big city with a large local skydiving population, and it's a pretty tunnel-dry location of United States, sufficient to attract market from nearby cities, and allow some skydivers (potentially me included!) to decide to lengthen their future O'Hare/Midway layovers to an overnighter to spin a visit to the tunnel. Then there's the whuffo market that is ever so-important, local advertising will be very important too. I think the market's sustainable enough -- if both Montreal and even out-of-the-way Nashua NH, can have profitable Skyventure tunnels, then Chicago surely can.

There's dried-up pre-subprime-era "due diligence" somewhere there. Hunt it down and see if you can help them out.

Maybe hunt for a job in Chicago, too, so you can position yourself in that territory accordingly? Anyway, wild ideas, maybe not sustainable, but worth a peek-see if you can track down the old due-diligence and see if the business conditions changed...

Chicago! The windy city!
Yeah that's not a bad idea!

But the reason we were looking at NJ / Hoboken / NJ City was due to not only the large number of tourists who visit NYC every year and the vast number of skydivers but also due to the extremely cheap property on the NJ side.
Believe it or not, and I didn't until I saw the numbers, you would be amazed at how cheap some property is in NJ overlooking NYC!
And the view....think of it...floating with your buddies at night looking at the lights of one of the best cities on earth!

And we were not going to go small. Can you say 5m speed daemon!
But well, the economics of a dual tunnel system where you don't have to pay for rent or even build of a building make the upcoming skyventure, venture a true money maker. It may be slow, it may be small but it will make buckets of money.
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!