Squeak

Xmas tunnel time

I'll be looking at 6(ish) hours tunnel time in December
Anyone know what the going rates for Freefly tunnel time with coaching are. I'd prefer a tunnel near a DZ so i can jump in the day so that probably excludes northern USA tunnels
Any help is apprecated:)
I'll be in the states for 2-3 weeks
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I'd prefer a tunnel near a DZ so i can jump in the day

Ever thought about sleeping? When are you going to do that?

Seriously, keep in mind the physical toll of jumping all day, or putting in some serious tunnel time. You'll need some sort of recovery time somewhere in there.

The good news for you is that the two biggest DZs in the US both have onsite tunnels, and are on (or very close) to the west coast, so you only have to cross an ocean, not an ocean and the US to get where you're going.

Perris or Eloy, take your pic. Perris has Elsinore, LA and San Diego near by, and Eloy has..............Eloy.

I'd prefer a tunnel near a DZ so i can jump in the day

Ever thought about sleeping? When are you going to do that?

Seriously, keep in mind the physical toll of jumping all day, or putting in some serious tunnel time. You'll need some sort of recovery time somewhere in there.

The good news for you is that the two biggest DZs in the US both have onsite tunnels, and are on (or very close) to the west coast, so you only have to cross an ocean, not an ocean and the US to get where you're going.

Perris or Eloy, take your pic. Perris has Elsinore, LA and San Diego near by, and Eloy has..............Eloy.

Thanks Dave both Perris and Eloy are my preferences but i am not sure about blocks of coached time for 6 or so hours.

My plan was/is for 30 mins Tunnel per day for a few days, a couple of days off and then 30 mins per day to finish,
Day jumping would consist of a few chilled loads per day nothing to stressful :)
Also 'Snore and eloy look to be only about 8 hours drive away from each other so i might have to hit both :)
We Aussies are energetic ;):)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yup i got that from a couple of very respected Perris/Snore jumpers.

Im in the process of booking time at Eloy.
It's is going to RockB|B|B|B|

My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

are you staying 3 weeks ??
waw 6-7 hours.. 30 minutes a day...My body couldn't hold it.. But we Swiss people are so lethargic :D

7 hours booked, 30 min per day, 15 in AM 15 in PM, 17 days there in total.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Are you going during the holiday boogie? I was there in 09 and it was a pretty good time!

They did night jumps outta the DC3 at midnight on new years. Not me of course as I had been drinking for 7 hours by the time it was midnight.
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

Are you going during the holiday boogie? I was there in 09 and it was a pretty good time!

They did night jumps outta the DC3 at midnight on new years. Not me of course as I had been drinking for 7 hours by the time it was midnight.

Yes Rob, Im there for nearly 3 weeks. It's the only time of the year i can take off that much time.
I'd prefer to be there3 months earlier than mid winter :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
Although it's desert country it's still friggin cold at 7am in the tent.

Anyone got a Van or Trailer i can use?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

oh harden up. it's not that cold there in december :P

there is a bunkhouse

I don't do bunkhouses for extended stays.
I'll buy a stand up tent, $100
Blow up Queen size mattress $50
Couple of blankets and sheets pillows etc. $100
$250, 18 nights accomadation:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

there is a bunkhouse

The Eloy bunkhouse is $7/night for more than 7 nights, and includes linens. By my math that works out way less than $250 for 18 nights.

And it's a lot warmer in there. B|
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

there is a bunkhouse

The Eloy bunkhouse is $7/night for more than 7 nights, and includes linens. By my math that works out way less than $250 for 18 nights.

And it's a lot warmer in there. B|
what part of "I don't do bunkhouses for extended stays." did you miss :ph34r::ph34r:
i like my privacy and i like to have my own space to go to when i want to get away from folks, and i don't drink remember so REALLY don't want to be annoyed by those who have been.
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

what part of "I don't do bunkhouses for extended stays." did you miss :ph34r::ph34r:
i like my privacy and i like to have my own space to go to when i want to get away from folks, and i don't drink remember so REALLY don't want to be annoyed by those who have been.

The part where you went immediately into costs ... so I thought cost was your concern. :P I agree all those other things are valid reasons for not doing the bunkhouse. I wouldn't stay there more than 2 or 3 nights either.

Personally, I'd get a teamroom for myself (or me and the SO) if I were there for 18 nights. All the privacy of a tent and none of the frigidity. (But that would double your tent expenses).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

The part where you went immediately into costs ... so I thought cost was your concern. :P I agree all those other things are valid reasons for not doing the bunkhouse. I wouldn't stay there more than 2 or 3 nights either.

Personally, I'd get a teamroom for myself (or me and the SO) if I were there for 18 nights. All the privacy of a tent and none of the frigidity. (But that would double your tent expenses).

I thought Team room were for like you know..TEAMS. can you solo book them?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yup. We rented a 4-person one for the '09 holiday boogie for just the two of us - you pay for the whole thing regardless of how many people you put in there. They have two sets of bunk beds, a microwave and a small fridge. You still use the shared showers, but there's quite a bit more privacy (not to mention room to keep your stuff) than in the bunkhouse. It was fairly quiet back there. B|

Yup. We rented a 4-person one for the '09 holiday boogie for just the two of us - you pay for the whole thing regardless of how many people you put in there. They have two sets of bunk beds, a microwave and a small fridge. You still use the shared showers, but there's quite a bit more privacy (not to mention room to keep your stuff) than in the bunkhouse. It was fairly quiet back there. B|

any idea on cost per night?
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Yes, $32/night for that long a stay (same link I included above for the bunkhouse info).

Yes, $32/night for that long a stay (same link I included above for the bunkhouse info).

Are you going to have a car (or can you walk?:D) ? There are probably house/room rentals from dz peeps in that price range in close proximity to the DZ, but not on the DZ itself.
Remster

Are you going to have a car (or can you walk?:D) ? There are probably house/room rentals from dz peeps in that price range in close proximity to the DZ, but not on the DZ itself.

I will have a car Remi, got a spare room :)Or know someone who does.
I'm clean quiet and non drinker smoker,:)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

When I went out to Eloy in February I stayed in a team room ..just two of use. Plenty of room to spread out and secure your stuff. it wasnt bad, but we didnt have a car so when the weather went to shit it limited things a bit...the Prop is great, but after a couple weeks I was ready for a new menu.

But while I was there I was approached by a couple DZ ppl that said that I could have rented a room in their house for like $30 a night, which the team room was $40. The places were only maybe a 1-2 miles from the DZ at most. Plus the houses/ rooms have a TV to watch, comfy couches and a nice WARM shower. I am definately going to do that next time.

One was Amy Chemeleki which as you may know is a very skilled FF. I dont have her number, but I know she is on DZ.com.

Another was Tommy and Tammy Curtis- he also offers shuttle service too. His email address is [email protected].

Good luck and have fun!!
THRIVING IN MY DASH!!